Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend my Brute experienced its 2nd breakdown ever on the trails, in 4 years of beating her up! Been through deep water a number of times with no issues (other than the front diff). Hit a few deep water holes this weekend and no issues in the holes. However, about 10min after I got out the last water passage, I turned the bike off to help some other unlucky soul who turned his Can Am 1000XP over in a hole that you cant see under the water (completely sunk that bike 15min into their ride). My bike was off for about 10min, cranked it back up and it started popping, misfiring and the display started flashing all the lights on and off. A couple of seconds later it stabilized but the CVT light was flashing. Of course now its in "limp mode". Revved it a few times and smelled something burning. Smoke came from under my seat. I pulled the seat and the main 30A fuse holder, attached to the main block, was melting and super hot! Shut her down and fought the melted fuse out of the holder to break the circuit.

Towed her back to the camp, replaced the fuse holder with a new 30A holder I had, tested everything, reset the CVT light and rode for another several hours.

Does this sound like the CVT circuit shorted for a moment or something else somewhere else? I havent looked at the wiring diagrams yet to see how that circuit is wired. The new holder has not gotten hot or anything. No residual issues.

Thoughts?

Registered
One thought.....don't use an atv for a pwc.馃槈馃槂

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
One thought.....don't use an atv for a pwc.馃槈馃槂
We have a lot of water around here at times! Good to know its multi-capable! LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts