Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Big Snow Storm

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  finalfunk 
#1 ·
The snow is now coming down hard and the winds are picking up pretty good. We are expecting 40 cm where I live or sake of argument 18" of snow!!!!! Winds are supposed to get up to 40mph, that will cause some big drifts!!

I have to get some gas and I'm looking forward to getting the Brute out! I have yet to try out the new BH 2.0 in the snow.

I don't have a GO PRO or similar, but I'll try to get some Vids off my phone.

I love riding in snow storms. Its some of the most fun on an atv.

#2 ·
We're expecting 10-12".

#4 ·
Just got the plow geared up and on the 650.
About 5-6" now, but it's trying to change over.:mad:

#5 ·
Here in Sackville we must have at least 8" of snow already, and it sure isn't letting up.

I got all geared up to go out… warmed up bike, left garage in 4wd… thought I'd see how 2wd would do…. Won't switch back to 4wd.

I guess I'll have to check fuses, switch and then the actuator. I've never had this issue before, but see lots of other have had this issue.

Hope I can get it fixed.. I wanna play! haha.

#6 ·
Mostly rain now; I hate to plow in the rain, but have little choice, going out now.
Wheeler, it's probably spinning too much to shift into 4x4; try driving down a little grade or take the plow off and drive it.

#7 ·
I've had the snow/ice build up and tear that connection off. First place I'd check.

#8 ·
I pulled the actuator off. I put a wire on the black wire and the red wire. Then connected those wires to the battery. The actuator just clicks. So I assume the actuator is bad??? Sound rite??

#9 ·
I should have plowed sooner; quite a bit more snow than I was expecting, and soaking wet!. VERY hard to plow.

#11 ·
WOW…. Another storm today! We must have at least 5"-6" of fresh snow again and still snowing hard! We are expecting another 30cm or so…. There is a storm coming for this Sunday too!!

I'm gonna have to buy a snowmobile. Won't be able to drive the bike! lol

#12 ·
Heres a few pics of my place now. Since 530am when it started snowing we have got over a foot of fresh snow. Its worse than last Sunday. Still snowing super heavy! I tried to go down one trail by my house, and it was too much. I had it pinned in Low range and had to turn around. It was just too deep. I almost thought the belt slipped.

[/URL[URL=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/Wheeler694/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FEFC3F5D-E7EE-4612-8659-5C39DF4FF64B_zpsfrtku40t.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/Wheeler694/media/Mobile%20Uploads/231B7469-DB87-4990-9478-236079AD0D5B_zpshqa7iur6.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/Wheeler694/media/IMG_1784_zps54625dfb.jpg.html]

#13 ·
This was the other nite after the first snow storm.

#14 ·
We got another 4 inches last night.

#15 ·
I talked to my neighbour who drives transport truck. He was telling me, he was in NS today and there wasn't the amount of snow we have here… We always seem to get more in Sackville then other parts of the maritimes. I think they call it the snow belt.

#16 ·
i got maybe 2" today, but my buddy lives 20 minutes away got at least 8. i had to go plow out one of his neighbors tonight because he broke the throttle cable on his tractor and she has a daycare and has to be open tomorrow..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.