Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New guy here. 2015 Mule 610 2-seater 4x4.

So I want to put a bigger battery in my Mule. I did some research, but I still have questions.

Based on the size of the battery tray, a standard U1 lawn and garden battery will fit the tray just fine. The battery holddown will be a small issue, but I can deal with that. The terminals are different as well, but again that's not really a problem. The U1 battery is available in several different CCA ratings, and they are all pretty cheap.

The biggest issue I see is that the battery tray (and the U1 battery) is bigger than the hole above the tray that the battery has to pass through to get on the tray. If your Mule is like mine you can see it plainly, but basically there is a sheet "wall" right below the driver's side of the seat that is about an inch narrower than the width of the U1 battery. If you have put in a U1 or similar battery, did you cut the sheet metal wall to make it bigger? Or did you put the battery up through the bottom? Or...?

I see that Thunderhawk makes a bigger battery tray, but I don't see why it's necessary. The OEM tray is big enough to fit much bigger batteries than stock already.

Any help is appreciated!

motex

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to do the same thing. Lawn and garden battery installation. Have some metal working tools so may build my own tray. You ever get this done?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve got a 3010 I upgraded to a lawn mower battery. Nothing fancy just a Walmart one. I changed out the connectors and bought some heavy rubber bunjie cord to tie it down. So far it works good after 10 years but considering going bigger like a small car battery and installing led six lights and a small inverter. Not a 610 but hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts