Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a lot of research with conflicting answers. I have a 22 pro fxt and would like to go to a larger tire if I can find a deal on some takeoffs. How large of a tire have you cleared with stock suspension? My other thoughts are 2" lift versus rear offset a arms only. It seems that I have a good bit of room in the front, but minimal room between the stock tires and front of rear wheel well that could be solved by offset rear arms only. I'm wanting to run a 28 or 29 inch tire without going up a full 6" from a bracket lift and the increased tire height.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2019 Pro FXT. Running 28" tires with a 2" lift and have plenty of room. Factory A arms. You might be able to get by with 29's with my set-up but it would be really close in the rear.
Thanks. The main reason I am considering the rear arms instead is because I don't really want the full 4" of lift that comes from most of the 2" kits, but do want bigger tires.

·
Registered
48 Posts
28's are the biggest you can run without swapping rear A-arms or going with aftermarket a-arms. Pretty sure you can run them without a lift, but wouldn't know for sure and wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have 28's on my 2019 without lift. Installed them 2yrs ago. It's fine, no issues.
It's been a great vehicle. Hauled about 600 bags on concrete, gravel, and sand with it, so it gets some weight in the bed.
Could not have built my range without it.
Somewhere I might find a pic of the mule.
Plant Property Sky Road surface Cloud

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 28's on my 2019 without lift. Installed them 2yrs ago. It's fine, no issues.
It's been a great vehicle. Hauled about 600 bags on concrete, gravel, and sand with it, so it gets some weight in the bed.
Could not have built my range without it.
Somewhere I might find a pic of the mule.
View attachment 76884
Thanks! The range is way cooler than a pic of the mule anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed the 2” highlifter which ended up being more than 2 inches. Seems pretty standard from all I’ve read. Put 28” tires on 14” rims. I’m a little nervous about the cv joints because of the axle angles the lift has caused. I haven’t heard of many folks having problems though. I guess I’ll have to see how they hold up? Anyone have any updates out there?
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts