Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pretty disappointed a couple years ago when I found out that one of my favorite tires had been discontinued. But I was very glad to learn today that they are back! They are no longer sold as STI, rather under Ocelot tire company. And the price is awesome for 1 1/8" tread tire....about $100 each.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I was pretty disappointed a couple years ago when I found out that one of my favorite tires had been discontinued. But I was very glad to learn today that they are back! They are no longer sold as STI, rather under Ocelot tire company. And the price is awesome for 1 1/8" tread tire....about $100 each.
Nice man how many sets are you getting ? In a gew weeks im gonna get some new xtr's for my brand new oem rims

Reactions: kickstart

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice man how many sets are you getting ? In a gew weeks im gonna get some new xtr's for my brand new oem rims
I just bought a set of Anclas, and I still have a set of Viprs to use after my Anclas wear out! Lol.
But it's nice to know I can buy BDs again someday.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Yup. Blackdiamonds grippin and rippin.

Reactions: kickstart

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: Rnl79

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your welcome but gotta say you got me real curious about Anclas.
I'm loving the Anclas so far too. They've been awesome in the snow this winter.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
BD were my favorite tire.
I just wish they were true to size.
If I had to buy tires I would consider getting a set.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts

I got my first set along with a set of STI wheels back in May 2011.

I got my second set for a 2012 Polaris 550 Touring demo.

I ran 2.5 PSI in them front and rear on both machines.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't feel that the BD were the best winter tires but LOVED them everywhere else.
I would say that Viprs and Anclas have been better in the snow than the BD'S by a fair margin, but I still went everywhere I normally go in the winter with them. Seemed to me that they did better when the snow was more of the "snowball" type rather than the fluffy powder.
In any event, they are radial tires with over an inch of tread for about $100 a tire. That is hard to beat.

Reactions: mastrblastr

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I see they are no longer made by STI and now made by Ocelot.

I'm guessing Ocelot bought the rights and the molds from STI.
I wonder if they also matched the rubber compound that STI used to make them.

Not being true to size is what I believe killed their sales. They are excellent tires.

To get a 26" tall tire you had to step up to 27" and they jumped up in both price and weight.

My 26" BD were only 24" tall when half of the tread was gone. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts