Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post that myself and another guy on here had the same problem with bolts falling through the carb and into the intake. Mine was one of the bolts that bolt the airbox to the carbs. I am guessing his was the same. Just wanted to put it out there so hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just wanted to post that myself and another guy on here had the same problem with bolts falling through the carb and into the intake. Mine was one of the bolts that bolt the airbox to the carbs. I am guessing his was the same. Just wanted to put it out there so hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else.
Yeah, that sucks!

I stuff a clean rag into the intakes so those little buggers don't fall in there when I'm removing or installing those bolts. A little extra insurance:tup:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
I put all of mine in and tightened them up good. One ride in coal creek and one came loose and right down the intake and stuck a Valve open! Keep an eye out.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
been there,done that:tdown:it sucks.i ended up with a bbk from my mishap though:pso i'm not complaining

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
A rag over the carbs or stuffed in the intakes... ALWAYS.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Hmmm---Rotty had mentioned to me to get the blue lock tight and put some on the those before re-installing them--I didn't though.

Do you think I should pull them all back out and put some lock tight on them to be sure---Thanks

Kenny

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hmmm---Rotty had mentioned to me to get the blue lock tight and put some on the those before re-installing them--I didn't though.

Do you think I should pull them all back out and put some lock tight on them to be sure---Thanks

Kenny
Yep, blue lock tight. If it were me, I would pull them out and lock tight them. The possibility of them falling into the intakes could prove costly.

·
Registered
733 Posts

Kenny
By all means do it. Mine came out just from riding (not removing the air box) and ended my weekend early. Loctite for added insurance.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
A rag over the carbs or stuffed in the intakes... ALWAYS.

Mine wasnt dropped in the intake though. It came loose and rattled around and jumped into the intake during some rough riding.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
After I posted that I got to thinking---Hmmm I can answer that myself---Lets see---Safe or Sorry--Safe or Sorry---Think real hard Pooh:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Just pulled em and lock tited---Should of listened to Rotty first time around.

Kenny

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
I fixed mine by getting rid of the airbox and putting a GYTR on it :D
After I posted that I got to thinking---Hmmm I can answer that myself---Lets see---Safe or Sorry--Safe or Sorry---Think real hard Pooh:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Just pulled em and lock tited---Should of listened to Rotty first time around.

Kenny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts