Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here, sorry if this is long winded, My wife just bought (new to her) a 2005 750 Brute force, nice machine with about 3700 miles , has snow blade , winch and cargo racks. I drove it on to my trailer and off and put in the shop as I figured it needed some maintenance as it is a used machine and not knowing the last time PM was done on it by previous owner.
So let me get to it, here is the issue ( not a small one) it ran ok but sputtered a bit , so I took carbs off and gave them a good cleaning didn't see anything unusual. Changed the oil and put on a new filter and serviced the air filter. Started the machine up for a bit shut it off to check oil, all was good light did go off after it was running. I took it for a little spin just around the yard no more the 10 mins. into it the machine came to a dead stop with a horrible clunk. NOW it wont turn over, can't even pull the pull start.
I drained the fluids so I could start taking things apart as I know this isn't going to be good, took the alternator cover off to check to see If I could see anything, the cam chains are still in tack, that was good to see, however at the bottom of the case ( left side of the machine) just left of where the water pump is, there is a small hole where you can see into the case, as I looked closer I could see a bolt lying there, I use a magnet to pull it out. The big question , can anyone tell me where this belongs or where it could of come loose from I am worried there may be another one jammed some where preventing the motor from turning, thanks in advance.
alternator cover area.jpg
bolt top view.jpg

bolt side view.jpg

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts