Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Taking offers. Costs around $250 new from what I've seen.

Has some wear and tear on it. Bottle will be shipped empty.

I should be having several Boss Noss parts in the near future. I am piecing together a kit for my V.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
siphon or gravity

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe all Boss Noss are siphoned

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
whats it costing you to piece it together? if you dont mind my asking. id eventually like to get one, i think. either this or the boondockers. whichever is the dummy proof one!

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
whats it costing you to piece it together? if you dont mind my asking. id eventually like to get one, i think. either this or the boondockers. whichever is the dummy proof one!
Nothing is dummy proof. I'm living proof.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Not sure. I'm not done yet..depends on what you want. This is a wet kit, Boon is a dry.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
all bottles are siphon ,but easy to remove tube ..

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
A wet kit is more dummy proof then a dry kit. Lots more things can go wrong with a dry kit making your engine will go pop.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
ones got a controller that keeps you dialed in at 12.5 afr. thats the one im calling dummy proof. seems safer at least

·
Registered
10,321 Posts

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Tanks can be siphon or anti siphon. meaning how do you mount the tank. upside down or standing up. I prefer anti siphon as you get every last bit

shake the tank and see if you hear the pickup inside of it. it'll ring like a bell. easy way to tell. if you hear it. you have the siphon.

John

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
ones got a controller that keeps you dialed in at 12.5 afr. thats the one im calling dummy proof. seems safer at least
it's not a controller like that. it's just a pre wired NOS regulated solenoid box that makes install very easy. that's the Boss noss. fuel metering goes with the desired shot in the "jet" you put in the little black nozzle

John

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
thats the one!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
guess I was thinking and not typing my first set up was siphon,and it was a boss noss set up changed that and relocated bottle and removed the tube ,so I guess they work either way

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
I have purchased 2 BOSS NOSS 2.5 Bottles. Neither one of them CAME with a siphon tube in them.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thats most likely because you never asked to have a siphon tube in the bottle ,just depends on placement of bottle either valve up w/ tube or w/ out valve pointing down...

·
Registered
235 Posts
how much does all the other stuff run to install the nitros on a brute??? im needing the "nitros for dummies" myslef.. just wondering cause im gonna put nitros on my bike but i know nothing about it was the parts are or cost etc.. just looking for a good system for a good price.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will be having an EFI controller as well for those putting a boss kit on their Teryx, or Brute..

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will trade all around for fst stage 3's or xx cams...or 36's w/ filter....or some aftermarket springs and $$...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts