Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have a 2016 Kawasaki Mule Pro-FXT with just 600 miles of pavement and gravel road driving mostly. After an 30 minute ride on a paved road with some hills in north GA, the brake pedal went to the floor with very little resistance and the Mule did not stop. Fortunately, we had a lot of open road with an uphill run to follow. Limped in low gear back home to check it out and after about 20 minutes, I started the engine and had a normal brake pedal again. Sounds like an electronic issue where it happens when it gets hot. Local dealer in north GA is 4 weeks out for service. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ranch Mule,
I just had a major brake system failure on my 2018 Pro FXT with less then 200 miles. We were hunting and as we descended a steep road, the brakes faded out completely. I was able to stop on a short less steep section but because the e-brake was no longer effective in holding, my rig rolled away and off the road hitting a tree causing major damage. Fortunately all were able to escape injury by bailing out. What did your dealer attribute your brake problems to? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ranch Mule,
I just had a major brake system failure on my 2018 Pro FXT with less then 200 miles. We were hunting and as we descended a steep road, the brakes faded out completely. I was able to stop on a short less steep section but because the e-brake was no longer effective in holding, my rig rolled away and off the road hitting a tree causing major damage. Fortunately all were able to escape injury by bailing out. What did your dealer attribute your brake problems to? Thanks!
Were you able to diagnose the brake problem?
I had the exact same thing happen to me last night. Came off a steep decline, flattened out a bit and lost all brakes. Went right to the floor. Ended up rolling it on it's side. Luckily no major injuries to the driver or other passenger. I was riding in front passenger's seat, took 6 stitches above my eye from hitting the roll cage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm glad you all will be OK.
I have yet to get an exact cause of the brake failure that resulted in my accident. The MULE sits at the dealer I bought it from and they say the brakes shows signs of getting hot but the could not diagnose a point of failure. I have been in touch with Kawasaki Customer Service and they are saying that it was a result of "lack of maintenance". I'm just at 202hrs on my MULE. I've asked for the documentation from them. I doubt they will provide it. I'm still considering my options moving forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts