Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 brute 750 i just put 20 hours on it and my last ride out i started experiancing brake problems.i pull the front brake lever in and it goes straight to the bars and no brakes at all.if i pump 2 or 3 times there back to perfect then it randomy happens gain.my bike only has 20 hours on it i tried to blead brakes and that didnt corect it anyone have any ideas thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just a question not a bash:
Filled the fluid back to the view port in the break lever box on handelbars after trying to bleed them right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for response yes fluid is full I took brakes down to the rotors lastnigjt sprayd down with brake cleen and scuffd with scotch pad seen nothing wrong everything looks clean and brandnew.i rode around yard today after work did the samething

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sounds like there is air or water in your brake lines..

If you are bleeding them and they suck in air.. you have to start over..

·
Registered
413 Posts
Do you have aftermarket a-arm guards? Mine was doing that and it turned out to be my Ricochet a-arm guards pushing on the brake caliper when the steering was turned sharp and the suspension compressed. I ended up trimming 1/4" off of the edge of the aluminum guards.

When something pushes on the caliper when you do not have the brake applied, the piston is pushed in slightly. Therefore a couple of lever pulls is needed to push the piston back out to the point it will start putting pressure on the brake pads and disc.

·
Registered
906 Posts
KDIXER is right. I had that problem with my old Suzuki and the Ricochet guards as well.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys i had just figured it out as u post .it was the skid plates i powderd mine black so i noticed a silver gouge in the one were the calipar was hitting.i trimd them down ,repowderd went on long ride today no issues

1 - 7 of 7 Posts