Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just purchased a brand new MULE PRO-FXT™ Ranch Edition side x side, we noticed from the start that the fuel gage wasn't working, then after driving for about 1 hour (several ten minute trips) The check engine light started coming on after about 10 minutes. Mule shifts fine, runs fine, but the check engine light is coming on?

Has anyone had this problem? Any idea's on how to fix it?

Any input would be great.

Thanks,
Gator:(

·
Registered
635 Posts
Brand new? I would be raising all kinds of hell at the dealer. I haven't heard of anybody having any of the problems you mentioned. It amazes me some units can be great right out of the box and others are all jacked up. What code is it giving you from the check engine light?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you pull codes? He just noticed the check engine light. I am about to go to his house and try to figure this out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a 2016 with 100 hours no problems until we went to Colorado hunting. After driving from 7000' to 11,000' in low range down hill the check engine light would come on then the EPS light the motor would act like it went into a limp mode then the CVS light blinks then turn on solid speedometer would go to zero but moving 5 to 7 mph. Would last for about 2 minutes after CVS goes solid then the motor goes strong again all lights go off speedometer comes back. This happen twice on the trip just got back so it has not been to dealer yet. Would like to know if this has happen to anyone else.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Only an hour?! Call the dealer and tell them to come get it and you want another one. They should be able to fix it and resell it as a demo as long as title work isn't done yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Engine Light issue

X3 on taking it to the dealer. Never heard of either problem. I wouldn't even attempt to trouble shoot it on my own; especially with the check engine light coming on. Wouldn't want them refusing warranty claim because you attempted to fix it first. If a significant issue raise hell and get a new rig - my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm curious if anyone ever found a resolution to this problem a few months back - I have 2016 bought in December now with 14hrs on it and same issue runs fun but check engine light is on and the Speedo reads 0 all the time. I was in Low Range when it happened so not sure what the issue is.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I resolved this issue about 10min after posting this the other day - turned out the battery terminal connectors were loose. They simply were not attached well just slide right off the posts. Tightened them up and I haven't had that issue since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts