Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i snapped the main shaft. in the winch, pulling a 4800 pound GMC jimmy onto my flatbed trailer. I have pulled alot of cars up onto the trailer with this winch. and i guess the cold weather we have had and made the shaft weak. so im trying to find a parts list, for the winch to rebuild it.

the 2.5 winch with 6 gauge wire, hooked to a 530CCA deep cycle battery, has pulled more stuff then it should have. and the most was 7340 lbs. and that with the line doubled up and winching. and placing a block in front of the tires. as i let off the winch button to let the motor cool down. get this it broke when the jimmy was 3/4 onto the trailer.,, now if anyone says warn winches suck. i have proof they are great. yes it did break but it has worked triple more then what it was made to do.

if any one has any spare warn winches laying around let me know.
I the older style. not the XT ot CT. i think its a CI or just an I. the sticker is gone. ill look at it to make sure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I needed some parts for mine and ended up getting them from an authorized WARN winch repair shop in Minnesota (sorry can't remember the name it was about 1.5 yrs ago). The price was reasonable and extremely fast.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. I made a call to warn. and the parts are on there way. they say the rating are low. 2500 is for none rolling pulling and 5,000 for rolling and if using a snatch block you double it. the tech was like you pulled what and it did the job. wow .

also the only thing really diffrent from the 2.5 and 3.0 is power wires. 8 gauge for the 2.5 6 gauge for the 3.0. flows more amps. more pulling power. plus im using a higher amp battery.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I have a warn 3500 on my Teryx and pulled an older 95 +12 lifted ford f-150 over a rock hill they were stuck behind.

I ended up ripping the transmission crossmember clean off the ford and the rear driveshaft bent in the middle. but it still pulled it over. I just had to rev it up in Neutral and chain it to a tree to prevent it from moving and killing the battery.

there was a vid of it on Facebook. but I don't know how to transfer vids from there uploaded by other people.

the guy (my buddy scott) got out and was literally in tears.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts