Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my gf's 750 went out on me haven't torn the motor apart yet but thinking its a broken rod
i was pulling a friend home on his warrior we were on pavement he was in nuteral started to go up a hill just out of fun i gunned it and it popped real loud started knocking and shaking got him back to his house checked everything over and it wasnt low on oil wasnt over heated not for sure what caused it but it knocked bad everytime i started it after wards until i tried to ride it around the yard it made a quick metal to metal sound and motor locked up
so now my question is how cheaply can i rebuild this motor there really is no need in big bore or stroker kit since it is my gf's and i might add this is her first quad
would like to keep around stock power maybe little better but more reliable
p.s sorry thread is so long

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
I would check the clutches first, you may get lucky. What you did should have no effect on the internals, trust me, mud boggers and pullers put a lot more load on them than what you did.
What you described does sound like crank or rod bearings but ya never know

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounded like rod bearing but who knows i have herd that you shouldnt do wheelies on these things and i would rode them all the time we even measured one out to be 1.2 miles of course i found this out after whatever happened to the motor happened

1 - 3 of 3 Posts