Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've got an '05 Brute 750 & I was doing some mud racing, when half way through the pit my Brute made a very loud "BANG" & it seemed to have slipped out of gear & stopped moving (it was under very heavy load at the time, spinning my 29.5's through thick mud). Once I played with the shifter & moved it around, it would move again, only to "BANG" next time it had to work hard.

I have 29.5" Outlaws on it, with a lift, snorkels, Dynatek, Muzzy, and an EPI Mudder clutch kit. Whenever it is under heavy load now, even if I am doing a wheelie, it bangs, and it seems the heavier the load it's under, the louder the bang.

I did adjust the shift linkage at the races, thinking that might be the problem, but it didn't help. I haven't really ridden it since, as I want to figure it out before I really mess something up, if I haven't already.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Check your belt..

Pull your clutch cover to check for anything out of the ordinary..at least thats where I would start

·
Registered
379 Posts
mounts

Check your motor mounts and torque them tight including the brackets on the upper rear mounts. Then re-adjust the shifter linkage.........and its very sensitive to adjust.............then hope its fixed..........try it in low and high range.

keep us posted..................

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try switching to a superduty belt the one from Kawi is standard this one is unbreakable as far as i know Hope it helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The clutch looks good as far as I can see, I pulled the cover off when I got home the day of the mud race just to see if it was something I could notice.

As for the motor mounts, I will double check them & see.

Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not fixed yet, haven't got the time at the moment. We've got ourselves a new baby girl that is taking up most of what was once our free time! LOL I have marked this thread as a "favorite" though, and when I do get time to look at it, this is where I'm gonna start!

Thanks.:)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Not fixed yet, haven't got the time at the moment. We've got ourselves a new baby girl that is taking up most of what was once our free time! LOL I have marked this thread as a "favorite" though, and when I do get time to look at it, this is where I'm gonna start!

Congrats on the baby, good luck on sleeping!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL on the FREE time.................Congrats on the Baby Girl!

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Like they said its the motor mounts. Especially the one under the front of the motor. they always come loose and lift the motor shifting the transmission inbetween high and low gear

if it was internal. and you split a gear it usually shoots them thru the case under the rear header. then they don't have high or reverse.

this happens in the teryx's as well. then they split the cases and blow the trans when it breaks the legs off the gear.

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Congrats on the baby, good luck on sleeping!!
Thanks! She's just 2 months old now, and we've been lucky that she's a pretty darn good sleeper! Well, so far anyway.....LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like they said its the motor mounts. Especially the one under the front of the motor. they always come loose and lift the motor shifting the transmission inbetween high and low gear

if it was internal. and you split a gear it usually shoots them thru the case under the rear header. then they don't have high or reverse.

this happens in the teryx's as well. then they split the cases and blow the trans when it breaks the legs off the gear.

John
Thanks for the info, I will definitely make sure I start by checking the motor mounts!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts