Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
never had one out of time but from what i have heard it will not run very good it will stumble in the power band.. so basically if your trying to punch it and it hesitates real bad or seems like its missing before it takes off its probably out of time or if it just spits and sputters when your trying to hold a rpm.. like i said i dunno cause ive never had my bike out of time but this is some of the things ive heard.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Out of time? If it ran good but now it doesn't... chances are it's something else.

If it was apart and now it won't run proper... could be human error.

Did you adjust the valves?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes ive adjusted the valves! as long as i have the timeing marks lined up rite in the window when i install the cams and have the marks on the cams lined up and arows in the up pos. ill be fine rite? i'm going by the kawi service manual. and it says to have the arows on the cam in the up pos. front and rear! but i could have sworen when i took them out the rear cam had the arrow in the down pos. i have not had a chance to run it yet and i'm a little paranoid about it! and was just looking for some pointers on what to look out for if by chance i do have it out of time. this is the frist time ive ever took the top end off my self and i followed the manual to a tee!! thanks guys

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Turn the crank via the bolt on the magneto side and only turn it clockwise, align the T mark on the TR mark with the mark in the inspection hole then with cam lobes pointed down set the cam in with arrow up and two flat marks at 9 and 3 o'clock, then rotate engine 270 degrees clockwise until the TF mark aligns and repeat with front cam.

Also don't mix up the valve covers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts