Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a rubbing noise that I cannot identify. And I have done some deep internet searches, including this site. I have not found one person that describes what I'm hearing.
I will say that I have discovered a lot of great discussions about other things while looking. And it is so great to see everyone trying to be so helpful.
So anyway, I know noises are hard to explain...but I think I know how. It goes "Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".
That's right... "vrrrrrrr".
Say "vrrrrrrrrr" without pulling your upper teeth away from your lower lip. And that's exactly the sound. Maybe a little deeper than the average voice.
The speed and tone changes exactly consistently with your speed. Does not change with force of engine acceleration, braking, left or right turning, uphill or downhill. Only fluctuates perfectly relative to your rolling speed.
If "vrrrrr" isn't enough explanation, imagine getting a stick/branch caught between your frame and tire while driving, or placing your foot against the edge of the tire firmly. It has the sound of a fairly solid object being continuously rubbed by the passing of the rubber nubs / knobbies of the tire.
I have looked it over completely, but cannot visually see anything that would be rubbing. It doesn't do it sitting still. High or low gear do not matter.
Any ideas??

Thank you all in advance for your consideration.
Terry - Lebanon, Tennessee
2015 Brute Force 300 2WD Black, Stock

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and it's not sound of the tires on the ground or road, because it also did it when riding in the grass and snow. It is definitely something related to the drivetrain.
Thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts