Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With about an 1/8th of throtle motor dies out. It idles just fine. We have changed the fuel filter and installed new spark plugs with no improvement. It was running good after we took it to the dealer a couple of weeks ago for the same problem and in two days started again acting up. The dealer didn't change the pump. Do we have to break down and buy a new fuel pump?? :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EFI

We took the filter off the bottom of the pump and installed an inline one that was easier to change. The filter doesn't get empty of gas in full throttle, that's why we are questioning the fuel pressure number. We are just about ready to bring it back to the dealer. I just don't want them to tell us it needed a new pump, when I could have done that myself. :confused:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
EFI

We took the filter off the bottom of the pump and installed an inline one that was easier to change. The filter doesn't get empty of gas in full throttle, that's why we are questioning the fuel pressure number. We are just about ready to bring it back to the dealer. I just don't want them to tell us it needed a new pump, when I could have done that myself. :confused:
Did you do this to fix this or it started after you did this?

Also, they can check the fuel pressure.

I might would look at the TPS sensor being out of adjustment

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the filter was to fix the problem because the filter that is in the bottom of the pump was pluged so we took it out and added the inline filter and what is the sencer u talked about. or how can that be fixed

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Throttle position sensor, you have to measure the voltage across it with throttle closed.

Kinda hard to explain on here.

It is on the throttle body

·
Registered
2 Posts
does anyone know what alternate fuel pump can be used on a brute 750? replaced mine twice now at 600 bucks a pop. heard there is a car pump that may work?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am having this problem also. So do we adjust the tps or replace. Also my 08 brute has a problem. When I hit the throttle hard it hammers out of the hole and then acts like you put the choke on on a carbed unit. Stock pipe msd changed belt deflection and clutch springs.
Air filter clean no snorkle Pipe screen looks to be mudded up. Could that cause this
Thanks to all

·
Registered
39 Posts
any restriction of the air flow will casue it to bog. If you have mud in your snorkle you might wanna clean it out and figure out how to keep your snorke clear of mud.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey pooter,
I just started a thread where I'm parting out a 2008 EFI 750 brute with a brand new fuel pump for sale. If you're interested PM me. I also have a ton of other 2008 brute parts if you need anything. Let me know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If your Exhaust is being restricted exiting it will cause the same effect. Excessive heat and back pressure will bog a motor as well. Have to keep you intake and exhaust clear of mud and debris.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts