Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a belt from a teyrx fit a brute force? What benifit is acomplished with a teyrx belt?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Belt's look in appearance to be exactly the same. The are the same width and length. same bite angle. I don't see anything that would show as an improvement or a downgrade in either. I've been in contact with kawi and seeing if there is in deed any difference in maybe material making the teryx a tougher belt.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yes you can use it and according to Dale at Dalton it is a tougher belt.

We use the EPI severe duty on Brutes and Teryx plus everything else.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried a EPI super duty belt for about 300 miles and it was about an 1\8 inch narrower than my stock belt with over 1000 miles on it. I do not know if I will buy another belt other than stock.

·
Registered
247 Posts
OEM ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GO! Teryx or Brute.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hands down I have had the best luck with the oem belts over aftermarket, and price wise there not that much more expensive.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Don't know from personal experience, but my dealer claims the Teryx one is better. ( maybe it costs more?)

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Teryx belt is only $3 more in most dealers. Every one be warned, I got a hold of Kawasaki tech department yesterday, and if there is an issue and your machine is under warranty, Kawasaki is firm in not covering any warranty and they do not recommend that you use the teryx belt. I still might try it if it is tougher and see how it works.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have one on my prairie. it is 1mm taller is the only difference. no problems and i have about 500 miles on it. more material the better i say. i did have to shim the clutch out. it was way tight when i put it on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts