Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I updated this ad recently but the forum won't let me change price the title. Cost has gone up over the last couple years, pricing has a little also. $140 shipped (lower 48) for the front to rear main skids... Many of you already have these along with the HDPE a-arm guards and floorboards on your quads and I appreciate your business and know your'e getting the best protection out there as possible.

For sale - any combination of the below:
1 set of HDPE (High Density PolyEthylene) FULL skid plates (2 pieces)
Front & Rear HDPE A-arm guards (4 pieces)
Full Floorboard plates(2 pieces)

2005-2012 Kawasaki Brute Force 650i and 750i - Praries and Brute SRA skids are also available
Skids are made from 1/4" HDPE and are virtually indestructable. These skids slide over rocks and obstructions much easier than aluminum skids which can grab, gouge, dent and distort where these will actually help you "glide" over rocks, logs and whatever else you decide to run over - while maintaining their shape and saving your Brute from any damage!!
Remember Kawi doesn't include a skid to protect your rear drive shaft...these have saved mine more than a few times!
Comes with all necessary hardware and instructions.

Let me know the model (650i or 750i) of your Brute as Kawasaki made a front end change in 2008 on the 750's.

PM me for pricing or any questions. Thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
i have these and just wanna say very nice quality very light yet seem very durable chuck is a good guy and will take care of you, hes very easy to work with

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I will ship to Canada no problem!! I've actually sent several sets all over "up there". I can usually ship the day after I get full payment and it might take a week to get to you with UPS "standard ground" shipping which is the most reasonable. My paypal email is [email protected] if anyones interested...shoot me a PM before paying if you have ANY questions or need me to send an invoice to make it easier to pay.

I've also offer a-arm guards now as well as Floorboard guards as you can see in the pic.

Comes complete with hardware and instructions. Anyone who already has a set of the skids and wants to add a-arms or floorboards just shoot me a PM and I'll take care of you!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey Chuck can I buy the floorboard skids by themselves?
...How much?
Thx!
Floorboards only....
PM sent
One thing to note if anyone noticed - there ARE 4 mounting locations for each floorboard. When I took that pic, I was a couple longer bolts short...
Thanks - Chuck

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry but I only have my Brute that I used to make the templates and don't know anyone around with a P700

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Prarie and Brute SRA skids!

got them for a p700
I FINALLY have these available for a Praries and SRA Brutes if anyone is interested just shoot me a PM!
For now - front to rear of motor skid only - I'm pretty sure the a-arms are different but I can ship a "blank" set out for you to match up and drill the mounting holes if you wish...shouldn't be a big deal at all. :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have a set for the 2012?
I've sold a couple sets to guys with 2012's and yes they do work with just a little extra spacing needed for the front mounting points which I'll include with the hardware kit.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Good product guys.. Just took mine to hatfield mccoy and they were great!

·
Registered
314 Posts
can you throw up a pic of the sra version mounted? any plans for a swingarm skid?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm waiting for a pic from my "first" Prarie customer so I'll post it as soon as I have it. I can get one of a skid not mounted up though - hopefully by this weekend. As far as the rear - I'm not sur it's possible with the way the stock one bends but will see if I can come up with something eventually...no promises on that one.

·
Registered
314 Posts
just make one that is shaped somewhat like the PRM aluminum one.

oh yeah, how much for the sra skid?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HDPE Prarie skid

just make one that is shaped somewhat like the PRM aluminum one.

oh yeah, how much for the sra skid?
Maybe I can make one from a stock Prarie skid (rear) I'll shoot you a PM with pricing no one will be able to beat:)

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Not trying to knock your product at all

BUT I do have a question????

From the pics it looks as if the hardware is exposed and not recessed????

If so those bolt heads will just get broken off by rocks and the plates will be dangling

Are the exposed or recessed????

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The hardware used is all tapered allen head bolts and hardened flat washers ...so they are as "flush" with the bottom of the skid as they can be. 2 of the mounting points the skids are "sucked" up to the frame a bit also. I personally haven't had a problem with any of the hardware in the 3200+ miles I've used them for. There are a ton of guys on this site that have these and for the most part I believe they've been happy with them - especially for the price I sell these for. :)

1 - 20 of 321 Posts