Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello KR,
I am just wondering how much should I pay for this atv?
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750cc
1341Km and 137 hours
With ITP Mud Lite XTR, on ITP rims.
Question:
Are these types of quads reliable?
How often does the belt break?
Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Where in Canada are you from?

Try to get an 08, they are fuel injected. I got my 08 early this year of ebay with 1600 kms and 110 hours for 4500$, 300$ shipped it to my door. Mud lies are good all around tires. There was a brute on ebay for sale with nice rims, second seat, with same kind mileage few days ago, it sold for 4800$.
Belts don't go to often, easy to check.
If it goes stick to Kawasaki original, they are the best.

Brutes are reliable, if you don't swamp it, overheat it, etc. just like anything else.
:)
Hth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Try to get an 08, they are fuel injected. I got my 08 early this year of ebay with 1600 kms and 110 hours for 4500$, 300$ shipped it to my door. Mud lies are good all around tires. There was a brute on ebay for sale with nice rims, second seat, with same kind mileage few days ago, it sold for 4800$.

Brutes are reliable, if you don't swamp it, overheat it, etc. just like anything else.
Hth.
I am in BC. Where are you from? In the picture, it has a sticker that says that they are fuel injected. The price for that quad is $6000 which is a little too much. If I can lower the guy to $5000 than I will buy it otherwise I will look on eBay, Kijiji or Craigslist.

·
Registered
502 Posts
From what i know Fuel Injection came in 08s. I am from Troronto, it would make a long drive to BC :) Look on ebay, also Kawasaki has a sale right now 2012s 750i Green for 8999$

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what i know Fuel Injection came in 08s. I am from Troronto, it would make a long drive to BC :) Look on ebay, also Kawasaki has a sale right now 2012s 750i Green for 8999$
$9000 is out of my price range. I looked on eBay and I couldn't find any Kawasaki BF's. I might get a 09 BF for $5600 but it is all stock. btw lmao at your profile picture.

·
Registered
502 Posts
lol, why? what's wrong with the picture:)?????

If i was buying a quad these days, first i would go for a stock one, less abused in my opinion, second i would really consider saving up some money, and getting a new one. My quad has an issue that already cost me 600$ and nobody seems to know what it is. It has been to few places too.

Now... let's get back to the picture.... :)?

·
Registered
502 Posts
ohhh... i know....!!! It's the TURBO BIKE !!! hehehehe LOL... saw that few years ago somewhere and fell in love with it:) :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, why? what's wrong with the picture:)?????

If i was buying a quad these days, first i would go for a stock one, less abused in my opinion, second i would really consider saving up some money, and getting a new one. My quad has an issue that already cost me 600$ and nobody seems to know what it is. It has been to few places too.

Now... let's get back to the picture.... :)?
lol in your picture it looks like a horn you blow through is in someones a$$.

Lets get back to the quad......i had a 350cc yamaha raptor and decided to sell it as I usually go hunting and stuff.....have you have any other issues with the quad? I might go look at the quad tomorrow or the day after.....what should i look for when driving or walking around the quad?

·
Registered
502 Posts
do a search for "what to look for", there was thread here recently with all the right answers to your questions. I don't know much about these things. :) But, i would look how it starts/runs etc... if it smokes, if there is mud under seat, if it was modded.
If there is mud, i would walk away from it. Don't want anyone's problems :) and these carbed brutes had buss connector problems etc... check bearings/hubs, wiggle wheels left right (once lifted) see if there is any play.
Do a search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do a search for "what to look for", there was thread here recently with all the right answers to your questions. I don't know much about these things. :) But, i would look how it starts/runs etc... if it smokes, if there is mud under seat, if it was modded.
If there is mud, i would walk away from it. Don't want anyone's problems :) and these carbed brutes had buss connector problems etc... check bearings/hubs, wiggle wheels left right (once lifted) see if there is any play.
Do a search.
Thanks man I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
406 Posts

Hth.
Sorry if it sounds like bashing, go with an 07 carb. The first fuelies seem to go through more fuel pumps. The 07 carb has updated wiring to get away from the buss connector issues. The carbs are easier to modify, just need to jet after. I have an 09 and have had wiring issues. Relays under the seat are a bad idea. But after alot of dielectric grease and silicone i have a reliable machine. As with any large engine quad KEEP THE RADIATOR CLEAN! Also keep an eye on fan operation. Most of the issues i had were from the swamp riding we do here. Water crossing in 2-3 feet of water and water wheelies. I think a trail used brute would have very few issues. They do pull alot of dirt and debris into the airbox from the ram air set up. Engine snorkle will pull clean air from top side of the plastics and save alot of airfilter maintenance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Hth.
Sorry if it sounds like bashing, go with an 07 carb. The first fuelies seem to go through more fuel pumps. The 07 carb has updated wiring to get away from the buss connector issues. The carbs are easier to modify, just need to jet after. I have an 09 and have had wiring issues. Relays under the seat are a bad idea. But after alot of dielectric grease and silicone i have a reliable machine. As with any large engine quad KEEP THE RADIATOR CLEAN! Also keep an eye on fan operation. Most of the issues i had were from the swamp riding we do here. Water crossing in 2-3 feet of water and water wheelies. I think a trail used brute would have very few issues. They do pull alot of dirt and debris into the airbox from the ram air set up. Engine snorkle will pull clean air from top side of the plastics and save alot of airfilter maintenance.
They 09 BF sold just today and i am going with the 07 BF...i can get it for $5300...is that a good price?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Wait for another one :) thats what i would do, 08+ but thats my personal opinion

·
Registered
502 Posts
2008 on ebay, camo, 500 miles, plow, cover, seat/ storage
From what i understand it has extra warranty - 5000$ you tell me;)
It has stock tires so it was not swamped, it didnt swim etc, whoever bought a camo one used it for hunting so it wasnt abused IMHO, and camo ones are more expensive. I would buy that

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would definitely go with an FI bike over carbed. I've also heard the 08's are more prone to fuel pump failure than the later FI's. Like was said, the buss connector on the pre-07 carb Brutes needs to be fixed asap if it hasnt been address yet. You can keep these bikes just as reliable as other bike as long as its taken care of. Do not slack on maintenance or it will let you down.

In addition to the buss connector fix, there are a couple easy things you can do to prevent future issues. But, we can help you with that once you get the new bike.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Where in BC are you... i'm down in vancouver.

If I could do it over again I would buy either a shell and put a custom build into it or just buy new. The financing offers are sooo good right now it is almost cheaper to finance it than pay outright. If you check CL you will find the adds for the dealers...

·
Registered
502 Posts
The750i: instead of being an aSS why dont you give him some advice?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts