Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have an extended cab with the 6 foot bed and the wheels fit between the wheel wells and the back wheels were sitting on the crack between the tailgate and bed. I think it would fit it would just be way out on the tailgate, my neighbor with a double cab used to haul a rancher around on the tailgate but it was way back there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a double cab. It fits with the back tires about a third of the way on the tailgate. If you have aftermaket wheels it will have to ride over the wheel wells. Bottom line, it fits!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great. I will do some measurement and roll it up there and see how it sits. I was thinking about cutting a 1/2" to 3/4" 4x8 sheet of plywood to fit in the bed and that would spread out the weight on the tailgate through the bed body.

How does it ride? I would think it would be a little squirrelly in terns with the weight and height.

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
Hey bud, just take and put the ramps under the rear tires, after you load it up. This spreads the load of the quad and it keeps your ramps from playing plinko across the highway.

After put the quad in there, make sure it is in nuetral. Then just push the ramps under. The tires should spin and let them slide under. Then engage the park brake. To get them out either put it in neutral and pull them out, or if you are adventurous, start the brute,put it in drive and hit the gas. They should shoot right out from under it. Just don't wheelie it up and over the cab:lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: I can see how this is going to turn out. I will send pic.s of the tire marks on the roof and hood.:lol:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
ROFL. I hauled my 750 around in my old short bed s-10. Made it squat a little but not horribly

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used to haul my grizzly 660 in the back of my ranger...we built a ramp over the wheel wells outta 2x4s that extended up to the cab....It works great, just make sure you tie it down because the front end of the bike will be higher than if they were sitting on the floor of the truck bed

·
Registered
195 Posts
I tried my 08 650i and with 27" swamplites, ITP C series type 7 wheels and highlifter springs = Broken back window!!!!

Now my buddies 06 brute 650i with 26" swamplites, SS wheels and a 2" list fits fine. The lift makes his 1 inch narrower then mine and was able to squeeze between the wheel wells.

Bottom line: If you can squeeze between the wheel wells you will be ok but if it has to go over the wheel wells then you may break a window.

BTW i have an 09 tacoma TRD sport with the 6' bed

·
Registered
243 Posts
i broke my window in my S-10 going over the wheel wells.
i learned the hard way.
my new trick now is to get the front tires onto the wells, pull the winch underneath the bike and hook the line to the receiver hook, take the slack out of it and use the winch to SLOWLY lower it past the wheel wells...makes for a EXCELLENT tie down left this way also!

·
Registered
195 Posts
i broke my window in my S-10 going over the wheel wells.
i learned the hard way.
my new trick now is to get the front tires onto the wells, pull the winch underneath the bike and hook the line to the receiver hook, take the slack out of it and use the winch to SLOWLY lower it past the wheel wells...makes for a EXCELLENT tie down left this way also!
Welcome to the broken back window club! I bet your s-10 didnt have 9k miles on it though! My old lady was PISSED!!!

my brute with the 27's will will never ride right in the back. it always wants to sit against the window and you cannot move it cause the wheels get cocked sideways. Not worth it for me. Didnt cost me a dime though...Geico was great about it FYI

I solved the issue by only putting the kfx700 in the bed and brute on the trailer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I put my 650 in my truck with no problem... of course... I have a man-size truck. :D Chevy 2500HD Ext Cab DMax/Allison, short bed with a tool box and the 650 still fits. My recommendation is to not buy a 4 wheeler that is bigger than your truck. LOL... just messin with you man...

If you have a length issue... they make extensions that plug into your receiver hitch... try www.discountramps.com

·
Registered
243 Posts
^^^
im working on that now!
been test driving all kinds of rides..

·
Registered
15 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts