Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined here have a 2007 brute force 750i.
I just bought the bike off a guy who said it was swamped an he just gave up on it I picked the bike up for a stupid low price I cleaned the carbs and changed the oil bike fires right up now its in limp mode due to the belt light I believe. So I took the kebc motor apart to find it full off corrosion and the brushes burnt out this turns me to doing the kebc delete method with the 5 pin relay I followed the kod mod just to try it befor I order the kit to do this properly trying to make sure the bike runs good enough to sink money into it after doing the kod mod I was able to get the belt light to hyper flash in the reset mode I followed the procedure for the reset and nothing the light will not go out I checked another form where a guy had an issue with the belt switch not working so he joined the wires to eliminate it I tried this and no luck the lights still on and flashes slow the bike backfires and will not climb in rpm I have ridden the bike in limp mode to make sure it will move everything seems to work fine all gears just no power cause of limp mode at this point I have no idea what to do with this bike I’d love to get it going for my dad as I have a sportsman 1000 and the girl friend ride a rubicon 500 any insight onto what I should do next would be greatly appreciated thanks for taking the time to read this

·
Super Moderator
12,530 Posts
Will it shift into 4x4? If it does, it's not in limp mode.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
It will not shift into 4x4 it’ was flashing 2wd 4wd before I added the relay now it’s just sitting in 2wd and the display only shows 2wd
That could be wire harness issues or a faulty 4x4 control module under the seat. See if anyone in your area could lend you a 4x4 control module just for testing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts