Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Brute Force 750i that I bought about a year ago. Ever since we've had it we have had problem with the low gear.

If you put the brute into low and get it up to a bit a speed and let of the gas the transmission makes some god awful gear on gear noise, but you can apply the throttle and it will stop. (so you have to slow down by applying throttle and brake at the same time until you are going very slow) If I recall this happens when you let of the throttle while doing over ~18MPH in low gear. It also happens sometimes when you are going over obstacles or down hills.

We thought it may be the linkage not fully shifting into low and when we got a guy to work on some other things he said he adjusted to linkage as well, but we still have the same results.

Does anyone have any idea what going on. The bike runs great in high and reverse,but it's very annoying to not have low.

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
It is the shift linkage adjustment. Also check to see that the motor mount bolts are not loose, or the motor mount hole egged out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
saw the same problem this weekend with a brute 650. the front motor mount was egged out. how do you fix it. i told him to go see a custom welding guy and maybee he could weld a sleeve in it or something. any body else ever have to fix one of these problems?

·
Registered
12 Posts
yep its prob a lil egged out. i see this all the time with brutes. what your hearing is the motor its self rocking in the frame. if you dont fix this and keep the mounts tight,sooner or later your trans will bind under high rpm and it will knock a hole in your motor caseing!! trust me i learned the hard way lol! and ive seen many of them with holes or huge cracks in them.hope this helps

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Both my rear motor mounts were broke on my 2005 after a year. They are very weak and thin metal on that model year. I ended up having a welder reinforce the holes mount bolt goes through. If I remember right he took some washers and welded them on the existing mounts. This also gave more area to weld mount against frame.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The problem is the bolts run outta threads when tightening them. We use 2 washers to take up room and have never had a problem with it coming loose again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts