Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good folks at Quad Expert take their SUPER MUD MACHINE to the X-TOWN indoor MX track!!! Watch this BRUTE FLY!!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Very Nice I have been waiting for someone to this,Awesome job on the bike.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
you got any pics of your build Bart?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Quad expert what carbs you guys running on the 880 see some filters coming out the top but in a wierd postion?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll go and ask the tech about the carb setup!!! I rode the machine but Mark the owner set it up!! It was originally setup for mud drag but we had to get it on the track somehow. As far as jumping goes, she has Stadium shock so it wasn't all bad. Good thing it's independent at the rear!!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Thats good because that thing didnt miss a beat jumping and taking off so it runs very well good job!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
So I want to jump my brute force what should I do? No I hit some jumps but I'm not hitting no 30 foot table top. The furthest I been with out a down ramp was about 25 feet. Dam that hurt. It also hurt when I went off about a 10 foot drop.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I want to jump my brute force what should I do? No I hit some jumps but I'm not hitting no 30 foot table top. The furthest I been with out a down ramp was about 25 feet. Dam that hurt. It also hurt when I went off about a 10 foot drop.

10 foot drop!!!! Yikes!!!!

It think you want the machine to be as light as possible for starters. Would not recommend jumping too high or long with stock shocks. We have some Stadium shocks on there, and they work great. I rode that track lots with my dirt bike so I knew the track well before taking the beast on it. That helped alot. The easiest thing was to launch it. On such a short track, there's not much room for accelaration, but this Brute had plenty, I actually had to let off. We would be happy to discuss mods and settings with you over the phone or by email. 613-487-QUAD (7823) [email protected]

ask for Mark, he's the owner!!

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
DON'T HIT BIG JUMPS WHILE IN 4X4 MODE!!! A friend and I raced my old Prairie in the Maxxis 6 hour event held in Texas in 2005 and it had a MX section as part of that event. We ultimately had to pull out of the race about 3 hours into it b/c we split the front diff into 2 pieces after hitting the big MX jumps while in 4wd mode (also had other damage such as a bad leak in the radiator). It was very muddy and that was why we were racing in 4wd. If you are going to hit big MX jumps, be sure to switch to 2wd before doing so.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we had it in 2wd to keep any issues from happening.
thanks for the heads up.
serious jumping needs to have reinforcement done.
the upper shock mounts have to be replaced and you need the best shocks available.
we had ours custom made with our specs and measurement.
the upper a-arm gusset has to have reinforcement to tie both sides together.
handle bar risers and a good set of CAHUNAS and you will be ready to fly.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Good thing it was an EXPERIENCED rider on it and not the owner cause he sure as hell cant ride at all!!!:p

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a special thanks to Ray from TRP for supplying us the engine parts to rip apart this track and to Stadium Technologies for the suspension work.Also a hats off to Paul Rollin from tenth line studios for piloting the Brute and Eve Penton for the video.

·
Registered
256 Posts
don't you have some jetting to screw up?
Have you been eating your wifes birth control pills again? You seem a bit moody!! Might explain why she says she is missing lots of tampons!:lol:

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Guys awesome video and awesome looking Brute. Pretty big machine for a tight track like that but Paul was tossing it around like a 450, LOL
Did you get to hit WOT at all Paul, LOL
Ray

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guys awesome video and awesome looking Brute. Pretty big machine for a tight track like that but Paul was tossing it around like a 450, LOL
Did you get to hit WOT at all Paul, LOL
Ray
That thing just handled beautifully. In all fairness, it had so much traction that it felt as if I was on my Husqvarna 449!!! If you mean " wide open throttle" by WOT, then no I didn't, no room for that on the track. Maybe Mark will let me open her up on the river when it freezes over and we can do a radar run or something!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
whoa! Thats insanely cool, you weren't kidding Mark! Great vid and kudo's to Paul for possessing the nads to do that with that beast!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts