Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if they are called running lights, but thats what I will call them for lack of a better term. I have noticed that some machines have them on without the headlights being on. Is this something that you could do on the older ones or is this a mod that some people are doing ? Mine is an '11 and they come on with the headlights.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
They are called position lights and yes you can wire them so they come on w/o the headlites on.
I tapped into the horn wires (the two unused wires at the top of the Radiator), then cut the hot wire to the position lights, tie it in with the hot wire for the Horn. Whenever you turn the key on the position lights will come on w/o the headlights on. You don't need to cut the ground lead wire, leave it connected to the position lights.
You can also install brighter Position bulbs as they are only 5 watts, I used super Bright LED's replacement bulbs and they come in 6 colors to choose from.
I am using the Mini Wedge #194 wledx4 bulbs and they are really bright.
www.superbrightleds.com

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Looks like that's gonna be next on the list. Any idea if that team green plastic is still available anywhere ?
You can order through your Dealer or other online places.
I'm sure others on this Forum will have info on where to order the Team Green Plastics.

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
parking light - MudInMyBlood Forums

I just did the DIY HID's and Amber LED parking lights.

I have my Parking light set to come on with the Lowbeam swiutch and the HID's on the High Beam. This allows me to run stealth (No lights) if I need to, if you use the horn they will always be on.

DIY HIDS here (shows the wiring for just parking lights.

MudInMyBlood Forums ALMOST30s HID Install Guide - Page 1
I would like to do the HIDs also. One of the posts on MIMB showed everyone cutting the low beam wire to get the same effect. I pulled the plug apart and was able to release the pin for the low beams on each side so I didnt have to cut any wires. I filled the vacant hole with dielectric grease. now I can run nothing, parking or parking/high beams.

·
Registered
306 Posts
hate to bring up an old thread but i jhust did this yesterday on 2 brutes, got the lights from superbright leds.com and was shocked at how cheap they are.

i REALLY hated the idea of cutting the wire for the low beam going to the bulb. instead i just took a pair of needle-nose pliers and bent the prong int he bulb-plug-socket the feeds the low beam element away from the plug. now i have the parking light only mod and no cutup wiring harness. :D:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 07 650 and it has green bulbs on the outside and they come on and off with the key but they dont turn off with the light switch i can turn my switch to high beam and low beam and theyre also always on if anyone can help me with this itd be appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if they are called running lights, but thats what I will call them for lack of a better term. I have noticed that some machines have them on without the headlights being on. Is this something that you could do on the older ones or is this a mod that some people are doing ? Mine is an '11 and they come on with the headlights.
They are called position lights and yes you can wire them so they come on w/o the headlites on.
I tapped into the horn wires (the two unused wires at the top of the Radiator), then cut the hot wire to the position lights, tie it in with the hot wire for the Horn. Whenever you turn the key on the position lights will come on w/o the headlights on. You don't need to cut the ground lead wire, leave it connected to the position lights.
You can also install brighter Position bulbs as they are only 5 watts, I used super Bright LED's replacement bulbs and they come in 6 colors to choose from.
I am using the Mini Wedge #194 wledx4 bulbs and they are really bright.
www.superbrightleds.com
hi sir I have a problem with my quad the headlights stay on when I turn the quad off i don’t know what’s the problem even when I’m riding they stay on so they stay on forever can u please help me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts