Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a newbe to this site. Looking for some help with my 2005 750 Brute force. Was riding hatfield and Mccoy system last weekend my bike started actiing up. During the last 60 miles of riding the bike has shut off and would not start without doing the belt reset. This has happened 4 times during the last 60 miles. When it shuts down;

The starter will not roll in gear. If you put the bike in neutral it will roll but no fire.

This started with my stock cdi. Borrowed a friends Dyna Tech and it did the same thing. The thing that changed to my bike to start again I had to just turn the key on and off again.

While the bike is runing it is smooth as silk. I am not in excessive water or mud mostly trail riding. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Do a search for "BUSS connector".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Novakaw 650. Thanks for the response.

Does this sound like the front buss or rear buss to you

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Redo both to be safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone tell me where to get the wiring fix for the front buss connector. What colors go with what? A picture would be excellent.

I have found the rear buss fix posted on line.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have hard wired and bypassed my limp mode safety switch does any think this could be causing my problem?

Have any of you by passed this switch on the CVT Cover?

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
I don't think you can simply wire around the belt switch. Did the problem start right after you did this?

·
Registered
104 Posts
why would you want to remove that switch? it lets you know that your belt is out of adjustment.

"The starter will not roll in gear. If you put the bike in neutral it will roll but no fire."
do you mean the starter will not engage or spin while the bike is in gear, if so then sounds like your brake switch isn't working as you have to hold one of the brakes front or rear to start in gear.

as far as the buss connectors i have seen and heard them causing some REALLY weird crazy things. and it is a MUST!! to do. i have an 08, but from what i understand is your just removing the connectors, so just match the wires up from one side to the other.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nova and Busta Yes and No. I was having trouble triping the limp mode. The switch wasn't fliping but the bike would jump to limp mode every 3 or 4 a ride. By passed the swith on the CVT cover and rode it about 150 miles with no problems. Now this started. I am going to do the buss fix on Satruday and I will put the switch back in play to see if this help.

Just for the record. Prior to removing the switch from play. I did put a new belt on and had the deflection on the tight side of the specs.
Thanks very much for the repsonses and suggestions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bustamove,

"The starter will not roll in gear. If you put the bike in neutral it will roll but no fire."
do you mean the starter will not engage or spin while the bike is in gear, if so then sounds like your brake switch isn't working as you have to hold one of the brakes front or rear to start in gear.

This only happens once and while and it only does this simpton after is shuts its self off. After I do my reset or switch the CDI's it runs and every works fine for 15 or 20 miles at a time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Completed Rear buss fix this morning. Rode the bike 13 miles today. So far so good. Left the CVT belt switch by passed for now. Will try and get another 10 or 15 miles tomorrow will post results again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just put another 15 miles and I believe my first issues were solved by completing the rear buss connector fix solved my intial issue. Thank you Nova for the advise.

No I am having trouble with the 2wd and 4wd lights flashing. If I turn the key off and back on in it stops. My engine brake is working and the 4 whl drive does engage.

Any suggestions? I have read all the posts and looked at the manual. I don't believe it is my Kebc or the 4wd acuator

Could this be happening due to the front buss connector?

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
I've seen the KEBS actuator appear to work correctly, but still set off the fault light. Not sayin' that's it, but it's a possibility.
The speed that the lights flash indicates where the problem is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My flashing indicates I have an engine brake problem, I have had a problem in the past with limp mode. So I have hard wired the swich in the CVT housing to by pass. No limp mode any more.

My question is has anyone ever herd of the engine brake causing the bike to go into limp mode? Maybe my limp mode problem wasn't a bad switich. Maybe it was the engine brake causing the belt to slap the switch but not through it?

Does any one have any thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
50 + miles no issues. Thank to all who gave some input on this.. Especailly Nova. My problems must have been the Buss connectors. I appreciate all the help. Saved me dough!

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Happy riding!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts