1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
ive been woundering that too.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
no limits, you just need to know how to tune for big HP numbers. you can do everything that you can with a carb unit. but need to have a power commander unit and for advance tuning the IGN add on module, witch also you can add on a swtiched unit for NOS also. looking into the EFI system, also blue prinated injectors, plus changing out the oem fuel pump with a high pressure pump and adjustable prusser regulator.
EFI is more $$$$ to get the same peak numners as a carb bike. but the EFI will have better throttle control and will make more hp overall since you can adjust the a/f ratio at diffrent throttle inputs and engine loads,
there is 1000 diffrent throttle inputs engine rpm, and engine load keys. that can be adjusted for peak performance,

this is what the mapping page looks like when you tune them this is not the one used for the BF750. but it shows for each rpm level and each throttle in put. and this is only normal tuning. with advance tuning the map page is doubled as there is 2 cylinders as in advance mode you can tune each cylinder by it self to get the most perfornace it could make.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no limits, you just need to know how to tune for big HP numbers. you can do everything that you can with a carb unit. but need to have a power commander unit and for advance tuning the IGN add on module, witch also you can add on a swtiched unit for NOS also. looking into the EFI system, also blue prinated injectors, plus changing out the oem fuel pump with a high pressure pump and adjustable prusser regulator.
EFI is more $$$$ to get the same peak numners as a carb bike. but the EFI will have better throttle control and will make more hp overall since you can adjust the a/f ratio at diffrent throttle inputs and engine loads,
there is 1000 diffrent throttle inputs engine rpm, and engine load keys. that can be adjusted for peak performance,

this is what the mapping page looks like when you tune them this is not the one used for the BF750. but it shows for each rpm level and each throttle in put. and this is only normal tuning. with advance tuning the map page is doubled as there is 2 cylinders as in advance mode you can tune each cylinder by it self to get the most perfornace it could make.

[/b]
I fully understand the tuning capabilities of fuel injection systems. I've had a couple high hp fuel injected race cars with FAST (Fuel Air Spark Technology) injection systems that I've custom tuned.
I appreciate your post, but you didn't really answer the question. There are limitations with the stock components. You even stated some above. Fuel pump, injectors ect.
I wanted to know if the stock components could support say a 100hp engine with a 30 shot of nitrous or something like that, or if it can only support a 75hp or maybe a 200hp engine.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
I have no clue, I would think the stock components will handle anything you can get from the EFI. I would think the injectors are going to be the limiting factor, then the throttle bodies in N/A application. Like I said, I really have no clue

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
its hard to say at this time as this 08 efi hasnt been out that long for anyone to find its limits yet.

I have built some wild turbo charged inline four sport bikes, and have tuned a couple it oem efi systems, and have tuned two with custom stand anlone systems. if i had the time and money to just sit here and do R&D all do to find the limits of each part i would.

in time we will find out. givd it a year or so for the major engine builders to play with them.

the engines can handle 100 plus hp its the belt that might not hold up so well.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
the limit of capability is there.

it is 9000 RPM. that's going to be the hard thing to work around. injectors stop at 9000 rpm.

so even a 750 kit will max that RPM out.

as far as the Flow limits of the injectors and Fuel pump. that's a simple fix. get a larger pump and run 5 PSI more pressure

John

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the limit of capability is there.

it is 9000 RPM. that's going to be the hard thing to work around. injectors stop at 9000 rpm.

so even a 750 kit will max that RPM out.

as far as the Flow limits of the injectors and Fuel pump. that's a simple fix. get a larger pump and run 5 PSI more pressure

John
[/b]
I have the chance to get an 08 750 right now for 5700, and I was curious If I could build a BBK and (say 100hp motor and maybe a turbo or some N2O) and if the stock injectors and fuel pump could support the hp, like a Can Am 800 can?

Kev

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
i say its a wast of time and money to dump that much into the machine VFjohn is right the ECU limits to 9K so your not going to pull any higher then that. with all that your you would have one hell of a pull till it peaks out at 9K rpms.

I'll try to talk to some guys at dynojet on the IGN. module addon and see if its like the GSXR ones were you can get a higher RPM limit. if not your stuck with the stock rpm limiter of 9K.

Now if you took that machine and tweaked the stock machine with cams, and high comp pistons, full exhasut ported heads, remove stock fuel pump get adjustable flow rate / pressure reg. pump and tune the EFI. and it would be one hell of a GNCC machine. with a throttle responce like no other. i havent checked but i bet the efi PSI is around 35 - 40 PSI. if you crank that up to 50 - 60 psi. and adjust the fuel mapping with the power commander. it would say it would run circles around the can-ams.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I fully understand the tuning capabilities of fuel injection systems. I've had a couple high hp fuel injected race cars with FAST (Fuel Air Spark Technology) injection systems that I've custom tuned.
I appreciate your post, but you didn't really answer the question. There are limitations with the stock components. You even stated some above. Fuel pump, injectors ect.
I wanted to know if the stock components could support say a 100hp engine with a 30 shot of nitrous or something like that, or if it can only support a 75hp or maybe a 200hp engine.
No sir no nitrous whatsoever. No camshaft bigger valve and such. Thinking more like electronic components, timing spark advance reb limiter, the fuel injector itself maybe high performance injector, ecu, ECM, electronic components which can change fuel injector pulse with at the right time, spark advance retard control by electronics components, but no exhaust restrictions or whatever I have already got all that . Please help me out if any way possible to your knowledge thank you very much. Just thinking with a higher voltage on your spark plug make any difference I just threw that into the mix, thank you again I appreciate your time and knowledge.!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts