Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a BruteFroce 750 2011 and i went on a mudding ride my heat light turned on 3 times once i got home i noticed my coolant went away, so i filled it back checked if there was any hose leaking it seems not, my water pump works because i feel the coolant in the pipe but my fan aint coming on when i let my four wheeler running but the radiator comes hot and smokes up , i took some cable and jumped the power , my fan is running perfectly, so is it the temperature sensor that cause that ? or what could do that?, by the way i didnt check my temp sensor i cant find where he is located at. Thanks for helping me

·
Super Moderator
12,576 Posts
Do some troubleshooting. Check for power coming from the sensor when it's hot, and check that the relay will switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do some troubleshooting. Check for power coming from the sensor when it's hot, and check that the relay will switch.
yeah but that's one of my problem i dont know where the sensor is located at and where is the relay for it haha

·
Super Moderator
4,511 Posts
I'm afraid your symptoms indicate a possible blown head gasket because of the "unexplained" loss of coolant. Check the oil for overfill and/or a milky look. Overheating is the #1 cause of head gasket issues with these. Do check the system though. The temp sensor(s) are on the thermostat housing. Here is the fan system for your machine:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm afraid your symptoms indicate a possible blown head gasket because of the "unexplained" loss of coolant. Check the oil for overfill and/or a milky look. Overheating is the #1 cause of head gasket issues with these. Do check the system though. The temp sensor(s) are on the thermostat housing. Here is the fan system for your machine:

i do not know alot of thing in those but if i have a head gasket that is blown those that mean my motor is done or i just have to change it and it should be good ?, but once i filled it back up with coolant and let it run it never leak back so ist weird i dont think it makes sens with what you said because if it was like you said shouldn't it take it automaticlly that my quad runs correct me if im wrong. so i think that it might be my relay for my temp sensor or the temp sensor that is broken up, im getting home by friday so ill try to find it with the diagram that you just sent me

·
Super Moderator
4,511 Posts
i do not know alot of thing in those but if i have a head gasket that is blown those that mean my motor is done or i just have to change it and it should be good ?, but once i filled it back up with coolant and let it run it never leak back so ist weird i dont think it makes sens with what you said because if it was like you said shouldn't it take it automaticlly that my quad runs correct me if im wrong. so i think that it might be my relay for my temp sensor or the temp sensor that is broken up, im getting home by friday so ill try to find it with the diagram that you just sent me
That's why I said check the system first.. but take a look at the oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts