Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went very easy just have the swinger left did not have the patience left to get the caps off today lol I just hope it goes back together half as easy as it came apart....Well the frame looks okay when it was together looked like it had paint flaking around the spar area and steering hoop...I am going to take the wire wheel to a few welds but i think it lived....:D

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Well went very easy just have the swinger left did not have the patience left to get the caps off today lol I just hope it goes back together half as easy as it came apart....Well the frame looks okay when it was together looked like it had paint flaking around the spar area and steering hoop...I am going to take the wire wheel to a few welds but i think it lived....:D
With some advance notice on a Saturday or Sunday I can make and weld in some gussets for ya.

Of course you'll have to bring it down. Hell, for that matter, bring the family and we'll make an excuse to BBQ.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank we will see how things go hope is is cheaper... i hope sense i have no funds for it right now but hope to get a few parts done at a time and get it back together this spring..

I could not believe how simple it was to tear down less then 4 hours bet it takes me 40 to put it back together though :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Thank we will see how things go hope is is cheaper... i hope sense i have no funds for it right now but hope to get a few parts done at a time and get it back together this spring..

I could not believe how simple it was to tear down less then 4 hours bet it takes me 40 to put it back together though :lol:
Cool, I have various parts, let me know what you need. If I have them, they are yours.

Keep in mind that we powdercoat here.:D

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good might have to make a trip :D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
What he said..I have parts piles on top of parts piles here..let me know what you need, Bubba. You know I'll cut you a deal if I can.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grab bar, tierods and ends, upper a-arms but planned on replacing them anyways, plastics got that covered bars,,, Motor seemed fine had a knock but ran if for a while and it cleared up think something got stuck in the clutch not sure what else have to go through it all need the nuts welded back on the left side that hold the grabbar one broke loose

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Grab bar, tierods and ends, upper a-arms but planned on replacing them anyways, plastics got that covered bars,,, Motor seemed fine had a knock but ran if for a while and it cleared up think something got stuck in the clutch not sure what else have to go through it all need the nuts welded back on the left side that hold the grabbar one broke loose
Those little bungs on the frame suck. They strip really easy. I replace several when I did my frame.

I can hook you up with some aftermarket tie rods.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I think I have some uppers laying here. Would be wise to put new, bearing/seals/joints in them though.

I'll take a look and make sure they are still here.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Bubba, I still have my old Green Plastic if you need them. I'm also going to powdercoat up a new set of upper A-Arms, so my old ones might be availible. Just depends on when I get the new ones done. Let me know. :D

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Put the orange plastic on. :D

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Put the orange plastic on. :D
Orange is evil. The orange is blurry when it goes by me:lol:

Bubba, you taking the frame out to the in laws to media blast it. That should make spotting cracks easier when the metal is raw.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
well, sounds like so far so good... glad to hear nothing to bad was found.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Bubba, I still have my old Green Plastic if you need them. I'm also going to powdercoat up a new set of upper A-Arms, so my old ones might be availible. Just depends on when I get the new ones done. Let me know. :D

You going to cut them for me :p i will let you know depends on the color i end up with on frame might have to run Orange :lol:

Bubba, you taking the frame out to the in laws to media blast it. That should make spotting cracks easier when the metal is raw. I have a sand blaster now :p I just need to pick up some stuff :lol:

Keep in mind that we powdercoat here.:D
I might have to send you all my little stuff and swingarm so you can do them as you get time B) That way i could work out a payment plan with you :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
ewwwww , not another orange bike... YUCk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts