Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an old racing buddie chasing the naturally aspirated twin cylinder 1/8th mile record. He's about to run again and attempt to back up the posted run. Should do it, scrubbed some speed on the first pass.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Very cool. What kind of bike does he have? Is it an ATV or MC?

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drag frame banshee with a K&T 10 mil DM. Basically a complete aftermarket rig. Probably not 1 factory part on it

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Pics? What is the record he is trying to break?

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe the old record was a 5.4??? Set buy the guys from Puerto Rico last year. He backed it up with a 5.30 at 121. Here's a pic of his bike. This motor isn't the biggest he's tried. He had a 10mil DMX in it for a while that just refused to stay together and make power. The 10mil DM in it now is obviously getting it done along with a ton of chassis tuning.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Congrats to him. Sounds like a fun ride. Got any vids of his runs?

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats to him. Sounds like a fun ride. Got any vids of his runs?
He posted an onboard gopro video of the 5.30 on Facebook. There's alot of people asking to post runs on YouTube so I'm sure he'll have some new ones up shortly. There are several old runs from 08-09 when we raced together all the time. He just ran a OEM frame 4mil cub back then but it was still quick, around 6.0 or better best I remember.

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts