Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Kev, everyones always talking about cores....do they have to be good? I have a front and back that are WIPED as in the lobes....the bearing surfaces don't look so hot either...are they considered cores or trash? Thanks, Ed3

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I'd have to see a picture to tell you.

They don't have to be in the best shape though.

If one of the cam lobes is broke off or there is a crack through cam, then it could be an issue. Post up a picture, or email me one and I'll let you know if I can take them as a core.

Email is [email protected]

Kev

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kev, there's no visible cracks or broken lobes, just worn off in the center of the lobes, with "wings" still on the edge of the lobes where the rocker pad wasn't touching. Magnafluxing or other test might reveal something different though. The oil screen let loose and took out the pump, the oil pressure sensor wasn't working so the guy didn't know until it stopped running. I got it cheap and rebuilt it. I still have the old parts, and didn't know if they were worth anything. I'll post u some pics soon as my wife shows me how....I know I'm pathetic...don't break my balls too much.....she can't re-build a small block, so were even.;) Ed3

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
if theyre no good i believe i have a set of cores ill sell you

·
Registered
134 Posts
how much for the cores thats the only thing stoping me from buying one of big kevs eng kits while they are on sale

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
I've never paid more then $50 for them,but the going price is closer to $100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts