Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive bought a 400 that was lost and found and when the guy finally got it back the vin number had been filed down. is there any other way to determine what year it is? this is getting very frustrating. im going up to tennessee in a few weeks and i need parts... some one please help me out.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Post some pics.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
As far as I know they are all the same until the introduced the injected models, so MOST parts should interchange

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The early on frames had problems, I actually had one that broke.

At some point they started coming with piggy back ressies on the front shocks. I can't remember what year they started that, I will just have to look that up now. I can't really think of any other changes they made.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Pics would help but here is some info. If it has rezzies on the front shocks then it's a 05'-08' but if it has just plain shocks in front with no rezzies just springs on it then its a 03'-04'. Here are some differences in parts. The 03'and 04' models have diferent steering stem, a arms, knuckles, cdi box, subframe, and shocks than the 05' thru 08'. So if your gona buy some of these parts for it make sure you know the year of your bike first.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
If the grab bar is made onto the subframe its an 03. If it has Rezzy front shocks it is an 05-08 model. A shot of the graphics might help also.,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this guy had it and it was stolen from him and the law got it back to him and the vin was filed off. its legit. how do you put pictures on here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts