Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! I've got a 2004 Prairie 700. When I got it - the carb was off the machine so I am trying to figure out where everything goes. Can someone please help me identify these?

For starters, I have this empty hole. It's a little rusty - and it's not the one that connects to the airbox. I "think" this hose is supposed to somehow connect to this - but I don't see how. Perhaps the hose was broke/cut at some point. But does it connect to that rusty hole?

Next - I have this piece here. It's got a Y on one end, and a plastic tube on the other. I think these goes to the carb where that Y joint is between the two. I think the plastic end routes down the side almost under the frame as a drain. Can anyone confirm?

My airbox has a large hole where a roughly 3" hose woudl connect to allow air in. However. How do I orientate the piece. Does it go up 'under the hood' near the front access cover? Or to the left/right?

I haven't even a clue on this one....

And then finally - we have this piece. It was just mixed in the box with the random parts - but I havent' seen a spot where it would go. Any suggestions?

I know it runs - so once I figure out how to get this back together, I can trace the probably with the fuel pump and be riding in (almost) no time!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Bottom up on the pics. #1 have no idea, #2 One of the plastic dress panels. This one goes on the left side IIRC the vent lookin section kinda lines up with the exhaust pipe. #3 You just about got it as far as how that air intake tube goes. Kinda shoves up there and you can see it behind the front oval shaped cover thats at the top of the body work. There is also one for the drive cover that will go up on the throttle/right side. #4 same as 3. #5 A drain tube off the ?? Im gonna have to look at my 04. #6 Im about 99% sure that are the drain tubes that go on the carb bowls where the little nipple is sticking down. #7 Im thinking like you, thats been cut off as it was or is part of the cooling system.
Go to rockymountain atv and make yourself an account under the OEM parts section and you can look up all the schematics of parts and get an idea of where they go.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Pic#1

Hard to tell from the pic, but that has to be the coolant line pipe for rear head, and the hose has slipped off. If it has a flange on the engine side and a small Allen bolt going through it, that's what it is for sure.

If it's really nasty, take it off and clean it out really well with CLR before adding coolant back in. Or you can just order a new pipe too.

Pic#2/3

Carb bowl hoses. They attach under the float bowls on the little nipples with hose clamps, then run the end of the hose down the left side of the engine to dangle near the back of the coolant overflow tank.

Pic#4/5

Airbox snorkel. You have it oriented correctly in pic 5. Make sure nothing is in front of or blocking it's opening.

Pic#6

Exhaust shielding. Goes on the left side of the bike. Front bolt goes through the front fender, rear bolt goes through a hole that also secured the rear of the coolant overflow tank. Kind of a pain to get in there because the wiring harness and plastics fight you to shove it in there.
The part of it that's in your hand in that pic goes upward.

Pic #7

Tough one.....

Don't really recognize it, but it could be the bump stop bracket at the bottom of the steering stem. Lots of yellow residue on it......could be part of the coolant system near the thermostat housing......?Could be not from this machine too!😬🤔

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can take pictures next time I tear into mine if you don't get it.

1st pic I think coolant line goes on there. Fill the system with coolant, see if it comes out there. It could very well just go into the air box.

Rest of them the guys have already covered pretty well.

I bought mine in pieces as well, used sites like partzilla and looked at the parts breakdowns. It gives you an idea where it goes and many times the part description will say, coolant pipe or hose. Or breather hose.
But the ducting for sure will help you out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts