Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
What happens if you catch a fish bigger than the hole in the floor? :huh:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
:pThat isn't ice fishing,that looks like a vacation home.nice setup.is that yours camo?

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Looks nice.

One question tho...WHERE'S THE BATHROOM? Don't tell me you take a crap down one of those holes in the ice??? lol

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
It's called "Chuming" :eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a guy in Saskatchewan that built it. Pretty cool. The bathroom is right outside the door. And I'm sure there's a 5 gallon bucket around somewhere. :lol: And yeah... we've caught fish bigger than the hole. You have to let the fish back down, keep the line to the far side of the hole and quickly drill two more holes close to the existing one to make 1 BIG hole. Next trip out, bring a bigger auger. Mind you, you can squeeze a 20 pound Pike through an 8" hole if you grab it good enough.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Small timer. Around here in Southern Canada/aka Minnesota I know guys that have $20,000 easy into ice houses. Thats just material with their own labor. They use them as cabins at the resorts in the summer because the only way to get lake property anymore is from family.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Here's mine...maybe not as fancy inside...but it sleeps 4 comfortably and 6 if there's a couple of females in the mix ;) The little shack houses the generator and a place to "unload"

·
Registered
363 Posts
agreed with what someone else said but that place is nicer than my apartment........but then again anything is better than my place.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Dave to Terry, "hey Terry, let us head to the man shack for a few days, got a hole for your pole and it's nice and warm inside...EH"

How do real Canadian men ice fish?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
kewl ice fishin shanty s , wish we had one of those when i used to go in alberta..

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
looks very nice!!

we have nothing close to that this side!!

must be one of the types of fishing that I have yet to do!!:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts