Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've got my muzzy super pro on and when I ran it I was running way rich. I pulled the plug and it was black. I jetted down to 182/182 and ran again and had the same result. Down to 180/180 and still bogging down bad until I get towards the top end and then it runs like a bat out of hell. Each time I jetted down I would work the fuel air screws from 1/2 turn out to 2 1/2 with no help. I have the needles shimmed with the #4 washers, could this be part of the problem? I started with 185/185. I have the twinair powerflow and 12 hole mod. Anybody got a clue whats going on?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
You weren't running rich before at 185/185---What altitude are you at----What set of pipes did you take off to put Muzzy on.

Kenny

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the stock exhaust on before this. I had just jetted up for the muzzy and twinair and 12hole mod. I figured i might have 2 go up or down one jet size. I have gone down 2 sizes and still no fix to the problem. I was curious if there was anything else I could check before I ordered smaller jets. I didn't know if shimmimg the needle would affect this or not. I am between 800-900 ft elavation.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
It could be the washers.
Some need it some don't,it all trial and error.
A stuck choke could also cause this problem,but being as new as it is I doubt that's your problem.
But if the cable is twisted or not seated right it could also make the choke stay part way on.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
If you shimmed the needle watch to be sure you didn't loose one of the small rice size jets that go in the nipple on the diaphram rubber. they are so tiny and easy to loose. this will cause the slides to open slower and not fet to a fully open carb until mid speeds.

also be sure you didn't pinch the carb vent line between carb and airbox.

With the Super PRO acquire an a/f meter and tune it in to perfection. with the 02 bungs tuning is very easy and troubleshooting is not even an issue if you know what the carbs are doing.

JOhn

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't lose the jets, I made sure they were in cause I dropped one when removing them and it took me an hour and a half to find it. I'm going to remove the shims and see if that helps before I order new jets. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Check the rubber diaphram all the way around the housing too. Make sure it didn't get pinched. I have also had to lube it a little to make a good seal before. Ya never know.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Check the rubber diaphram all the way around the housing too. Make sure it didn't get pinched. I have also had to lube it a little to make a good seal before. Ya never know.

same thing here after i got my 730 done. went out for a teat run and i was like WTF this thing feels like it was before the build. so i started likking at stuff and went to the carbs with the airbox lid and filter off. started it up, looked down in the slides with bike running, revved it up, and the front carb slide was not working at all. took diaphram cover off and the diaphram was not in the groove. so bike was only running on 1 carb. something to look at i guess:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got it dialed in. I'm not sure what i did but I went back 2 185 mains, checked my shims and diaphrams and put it all back together and now it is running like a bat out of hell. Only lost 2 races on saturday and those were to a suzuki quad racer with a big bore and stroker kit. I appreciate everybodys input helpn me get this thing dialed in.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I love it when a plan comes together:D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
It must have been the diaphrams as you took them out and replaced them---Probably one wasn't sealed properly. So your good to go:clap::clap:

Kenny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts