Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an idiot. I can't remember which hose went to which on the black split piece on the carb. I know one is the fuel and one is the coolant but which side does the fuel go on? I think the coolant is the one closest to the front of the atv. I've tried to start it but it backfires through the carb.

If anyone can clear it up or post a picture of how the carb originally looks when it's on the atv, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
been awhile since i seen a stock set up

you have the fuel bowl drain tubes, they go from the fuel bowls and into a Tee then down.

the fuel line comes goes from the petcock to a fuel filter then between the carbs to a tee in between the fuel bowls

you also have a vacumm line running from the petcock to the front intake

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The coolant is on the right, is that correct? It started before the carb was cleaned but now it backfires through the carb.

·
Super Moderator
12,615 Posts
If it wasn't backfiring through the carbs before, then check to make sure that the slide diaphrams are seated properly. Also make sure the airbox is installed and the airbox lid is on before trying it; it won't run right without it.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
damn it's been so long

the carb heater lines go to a Y on the right hand side of the carbs (under the fuel bowls) it's an aluminum Y shape.

One of those lines (the rear carb) goes to the rear head coolant elbow coming out of the head.

The front carb heater line snakes down on the left side of the motor and goes into where the water pump is

I think that's right, hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I PM'ed him....I just did this on friday nite, I have my bike 20 feet away, and have the pdf up on my laptop as I speak, but he doesn't seem to want to PM me back?????? I was gonna have him call me...or I'd call him...free long dis. after 7pm on my cell plan....It's confusing....but he won't PM me.... Whatever?Ed3

·
Super Moderator
12,615 Posts
I don't think mixed up lines are going to cause those symtoms. It would most likely not run.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
You're prolly right Nova....I think he rolled a diaphram seat. I had to clean mine real good, then apply a thin coat of lithium grease to the seal lip, just to make it wet and sticky!!!! Ed3

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
check the hose from the rear of the petcock, it should go to the front intake boot nipple.....don't know if you took that one off

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
The cooling hoses go to the 1/4" black plastic Y in the center down between the carbs...1/4" line from top of water pump, thru check valve, into right side of Y as veiwed from left side of bike, left side of Y same view goes to back head water outlet.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
cont......3/8" black plastic tee on top center of carbs faces up plugs into bottom of air cleaner housing.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
fuel inlet from petcock is on rear carb, right side, top corner, the inlet faces the rear of the bike.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
fuel bowl overflow drains are horseshoe shaped 3/16" lines that connect to carb bowls .....two into one that hangs down along side stator cover next to oil fill.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts