Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to remove one of the carbs on an
05 Prairie 700 without having to resync? I must have put old Sta-Bil in before deer season cause she would only run on one cylinder at camp. I changed plugs and that made no difference. I am going to troubleshoot it this weekend and see if I can figure out which is the dead cylinder. (on a side note my lawn mower would not start either from using that gas, however my son's Honda Rancher seems unaffected.)

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
The two carbs are bolted together,they come off as a pair.
Unless you split them apart,they shouldn't need to be synced unless they were already out of sync.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O cool, so I unbolt the intake from the heads, remove the cable linkage, fuel line and I will have the out of the bike that easy?

Or do I unbolt the carbs from the intake... got a picture? I mean I am mechanically sound but I have never even took the plastics off this bike except to change the plugs. I do have the PDF of the entire bike repair manual on CD I bought from someone on this site a few years ago. I guess I need to study that first.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
The carbs are just clamped into the rubber intake boots with hose clamps.
To remove them from the quad,you will need to remove the choke cable,fuel line and throttle cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts