Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again all. I have all my parts clean and I'm ready to begin reassembly of the case, as I had to split it to replace the oil screen. I have one question though. When you apply the Three Bond grey silicone to the case half do you only apply it to the perimeter of the case, or do you put it on all the mating surfaces, including oil screen housing and the surfaces surrounding the crank inside the case? This is the first time I've assemled the split case on a V and the manual is a little vague.
Thanks, Ed3:(

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
I put it on all the mating surfaces.
Try not to use too much or it will get squeazed out and into the engine.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Permatex Ultra grey is much better to use, three bond is messy to work with and nearly impossible to get off if you ever take it apart again. I through myy three bond out after the first time I used ultra grey.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I second the ultragrey. Ive used all kinds and this is IMO the best stuff to seal everything up. Like asnow said, dont use so much it squishes inside.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
X3 on the Ultra-grey..

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Ok...I'll go first.

My name is Mike, and I'm addicted to Ultra-grey! lol

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for all your input, I used Ultra Grey; Item#82194, but only put it on the perimeter, since the other surfaces appear to be baffles and don't really need to be sealed, and the less sealant inside the case is less that can get loose and cause trouble.
Thanks again, Ed3

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Gardog,

Did the Ultra Grey work well for you? Any leaks? I had ordered some KawieBond but it is backordered and I am thinking of cancelling it. I have to put back together a BF750 case.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
ive always used ultra black

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
Thanks for all your input, I used Ultra Grey; Item#82194, but only put it on the perimeter, since the other surfaces appear to be baffles and don't really need to be sealed, and the less sealant inside the case is less that can get loose and cause trouble.
Thanks again, Ed3
That doesn't sound good...
You need to put it on almost all the mating parts of the case halves.
I think it could cause issues with oil NOT getting into some of the passages and oil lines.:hmm:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts