Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of LTE duals with ceramic painted head pipes. On the front and rear pipe right where they bolt to the head are starting to peel.

Number one how do I strip the ceramic paint off the pipes? I tried sand paper and that didn't work out to well. Number two where can I get them redone at a fair price?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
when mine was peeling i had to get them soda blasted i tryed sand paper and grinder with wire wheel to much effort blasters charged me $20 here

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I was thinking. I'll get my media blaster out and give that a shot.

Any ideas on where to get them re-coated? How much am i looking at spending?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Who did the coating? If you know, call them up (before you do anything) and see if there is any warranty on their coating.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They came from LTE coated. LTE was going to recoat them for free but I'm tired of dickering around with them. I call, get put on hold then told some one will call me back. Have yet to receive a return call.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
A few months ago, I had my LTE duals ceramic coated at a local place and I think the total price was around $150 or $160 (for the header pipes only - I did not coat the cans). If I were you, I would have let LTE redo the coating for free...that would save you some coin.

I know what you mean about LTE...sometimes hard to get someone on the phone. But I found if I left a message, they would usually call me back within a day or two. If not, I would just call them back until I got a live person on the phone.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I broke out the media blaster and used glass media. The ceramic comes right off.

LTE is a lot like Muzzy when trying to get something taken care of. IMO both LTE and Muzzy customer service blows!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
cajun700v knows a guy that does em, hes gonna do mine flat ceramic black

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is the price right?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
he told me 150 + shipping, hes about 4hrs from me. so ive been waiting in case i make a trip his way ill drop em off

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I just found a company here in Indianapolis Indiana that does ceramic coating. There website says they also do ceramic coating to pistons. I have a brand new set of Fundy new style 11.5:1's My question is will I benefit anything by having my pistons coated?

www.kecocoatings.com

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
I had my ultralight trike Rotax exhaust ceramic coated locally for $75.00. It's about a 1 1/2 hr drive from me. His phone is..... 208-587-5541

I live in Southern Idaho.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
local company will do ceramic coating for $20 a foot. There ceramic coating is good upto 1,300 deg. That seems to low does it not? They offer a coating they use for turbos and it's good upto 2,300 deg but its a flat black.

What you guys think about this?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts