Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 2005 prairie 360 and the check belt light is flashing. i think its in limp mode also, cant go fast with out it cutting. how can i fix this?

·
Registered
379 Posts
check........

You need to pull the converter cover and inspect the belt and pullies.........adjust or replace as needed to bring it up to specs.............then reset the belt light.

You really need a service manual along with being a good mechanic...............
Limp mode limits rpms......won't shift into 4x4 etc.

Limp mode is also activated at 100 hrs for belt inspection purposes. If there is nothing wrong and no adjustment is needed then you just reset the belt light. (clear the memory)

·
Registered
379 Posts
reset.........

This is how I reset both my Brute Force's .......05 and 06 .......Hope this helps..............

OK
First..........

Turn off the ignition switch. Remove the seat

Disconnect both sets of 4 pin connectors in the electrical
parts case.
Reconnect these 4 pin connectors to their opposite gray
to black and black to gray.
Turn on the ignition switch. Observe the belt check indicator light. It should be flashing quickly.

Disconnect the belt switch at the 2 pin connectors
above the torque converter cover. (Not the actuator connection.)

Observe the belt check indicator light.
It should be flashing slowly.
Let it flash for at least five seconds.

While observing the belt check indicator light, turn off the
ignition switch.
Disconnect the mismatched 4 pin connector sets and reconnect
them normally. (Black to black, gray to gray)

Connect the belt switch 2 pin connector .

Turn on the ignition switch. Confirm that no belt check indicator light is flashing. Put the connectors back where they go ............put on your seat and ride ride ride.........

·
Registered
7 Posts
which pins?

which pins and I reversing? Are they the ones under the seat w the rubber roundish tops? I just replaced my entire main harness and the belt light is on now. Trying to make this work. Thanks so much

·
Registered
151 Posts
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

2. Disconnect both sets of 5 pin connectors located above the CVT cover. Note: These connectors are located just beneath the shift handle on the right side of the one is black and one is grey.

3. Connect these 5 pin connectors to their opposite pairs (grey to black and black to grey).

4. Turn the ignition switch ON.

5. Disconnect the belt failure switch at the 2-pin connector above the CVT cover. (Note: Just follow the wires coming from the rectangular black box on the CVT Cover to locate this connector.)

6. Observe the belt-warning lamp. It should be flashing at a 0.4 second interval for a few seconds then start to flash slower. Let the lamp flash for at least seven seconds.

7. After seven seconds or more, turn the ignition switch off.

8. Reconnect 5 pin connectors to their proper location (black to black, grey to grey).

9. Connect the belt failure switch 2-pin connector (wires from CVT cover).

10. Turn the ignition switch on to confirm that the belt warning light is not flashing.

Check and see if the switch in the cover is flipped in the on position

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have an 03 360. These are the wires you are looking for. They will be right above your CVT cover.

After you swap these wires. You then turn on your ignition switch and then disconnect the 2 wire black connecter. Shown in this picture.

This 2 wire connector will also be coming from your cvt cover. Leave your key on for about 7 seconds. Then turn off and plug everything back the way they should be. This should reset it. If not take off your cvt cover and make sure the switch isn't flipped. IF it is good and in the on position then it is time to start troubleshooting.

I had the same problem. Turns out it was my LED lights that were bad. Replaced them and bike is running as it should. Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks

thanks so much guys! I love this cyber riding family! Will let you know how it goes. Oh I changed out the main harness so this is why I have to reset the belt. This is normal right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
little different

I have the brute 750. I looked for those wires, they just weren't there. I talked to a buddy who is a mechanic and he told me to use the grey plug that comes in the kit under the seat and plug it into the black connection under the seat and disconnect the sensor wires and turn the key on and off after the light slowed down. I guess the Brutes and Prairies are different.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does the switch need to be in the on or of position the one under the belt cover? because i think i have it in the off position and my light wont reset

1 - 11 of 11 Posts