Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 2009 EFI All Stock except for mudlite xtr's

I recently checked my drive belt since the drive belt light turned on and there wasn't any problems with the drive belt so i put the cover back on, now i have no 4 wheel drive and now the engine is stalling, can this be because the drive belt is slipping? Belt seemed a liitle loose when i checked it again and while checking it i noticed when i touched the belt the 4 wheel drive goes back on on the dashboard. I've since cut out the old belt and will have to wait for a clutch puller to put on a new belt.

I will also be doing some mods for it and here's what i'm thinking so far.
HMF Utility slip on
HMF Optimizer
K&N Air Filter
I will also install a Hyper Performance Chip (Fuel Maximizer Performance Module) which can potentially give out 30 more horsepower for moded atv's. Also +5 more miles to the gallon.

Thinking of some springs on primary clutch and secondary but not sure of them at all.
I'm hoping to get more speed and power out of it and any pointers would be appreciated. Dynatek cdi's sound great but doesn't seem to have one for my model, any other suggestions?

Proud Owner of a Brute Force 750

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
camobruteforce75009, welcome to the forum.
As a new person to Kawieriders, you should search through and read the tons of info on the forum. Just about everything you can imagine doing to your BF has been tried many times over by other people, and they have shared their experiences with everyone here. No need to invent the wheel; see what gave the best bang for the buck and do it yourself.
You could also put on the new belt without the clutch puller; just do a search for "rolling off" a belt.
Hunterworks is right; if you didn't reset the light, then you will have running problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey i just bought the same quad as u and i was told that when u take the belt cover off dont unplug the actuator located over the primary clutch just un bolt it and set it aside. as for the other square box on in between the 2 clutches it can be unpluged just dont turn the key on befor you have everything back into place. at least thats what i was told by a kawi mechanic. he said if you do turn the key on i would have the same problems u are talking about, he said i would have to reset the belt light. i have removed my cover several times and followed these instructions and i havent had one problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts