Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought two (left and right side) brushed canisters and packing from LTE to replace my dented polished cans. Long story short I don't like the look of the brushed. I Paid $155 with shipping for everything. I just received these parts today (1/29-10) from LTE.

I'll sale two brand new brushed canisters and new packing for both sides for $125 shipped plus 3%

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
They can be polished I am sure or are you going to just try to repair yours? I have a friend who does some awesome polishing.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not going to repair, I got the LTE system installed today and you can't even see the dent unless you get under my bike and look up at the same time. I should have waited to order the new canisters but I got into a hurry like always plus I thought I would like the brushed and I don't.

What would your friend charge to polish these canisters?

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't want the clamp style. I thought that was the older style that they kept having issue's with?

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
What would your friend charge to polish these canisters?
I don't really know. I will print out the pic you posted and ask him when we are ice riding again Sunday. I think the most time consuming part might be sanding down the brushed smoothly before polishing.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Would LTE just let you return them (less a stocking fee)? I am just wondering if that is an option for you too.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
25% restocking fee

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Oh... that's a bit much.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh well I'll just sale it to some one looking for a good deal.

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
If they were black I would snag em up in a heatbeat. Now that I see what they sent you I will order me some. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
If I get them from LTE they should be pc'd black. If I cant get them in black from LTE I will get these off you if you still have them. I need to see about getting some replacement badges anyways.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They don't make the rivet badges anymore. They use sticker style now. They forgot to send me mine.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Should be pretty cheap to get these powdercoated any color you want.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.