Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you properly clean a poly windshield? Seems really hard to avoid water spots. Dew is especially a pain to deal with.in the morning.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
170 Posts
Get you some NOVUS 1, works awesome.
i used novus 2 to remove some scratches from my windshield and finished with novus 1, that thing is as clear as crystal.

·
Registered
159 Posts
SuperAtv recommended cleaning theirs first and then polishing with several light coats of Pledge. I did it and it works great. Helps make it easier to clean next time as well as not attracting dust as bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just received the Novis,1 cleaner polish. Tested small area on windshield it works great very clear. Will do rest of windshield today. Also tested on body really works great.

·
Vendor
192 Posts
SuperAtv recommended cleaning theirs first and then polishing with several light coats of Pledge. I did it and it works great. Helps make it easier to clean next time as well as not attracting dust as bad.
Its soooo cheap and works soooo good. Lol! And also smells nice! You gotta love lemon Pledge! 🤣

I've never tried the Novis1 and I'm a little leery of any chemicals that may react with the poly or hard coating, but I'm interested in the long term reports. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
170 Posts
Its soooo cheap and works soooo good. Lol! And also smells nice! You gotta love lemon Pledge! 🤣

I've never tried the Novis1 and I'm a little leery of any chemicals that may react with the poly or hard coating, but I'm interested in the long term reports. Keep us updated.
Poly is a type of plastic, and Novus is a plastics cleaner.
However i never considered what interference a hard coating might cause. be interesting to know.
this stuff took my 20 year old windshield that was almost toast and it looks brand new. I was so happy, way cheaper than a new windshield.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not promoting product but I read several reviews and post on Novus 1 all positive. It did a great job on my windshield. I also have seen positive posts on Pledge. I just felt more comfortable with a product made specifically for plastic vs furniture polish.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks so much for the info regarding Novus. I happened to have some on hand and it worked very well. I used #1 and #2. I applied the paste using a random action buffer with a green Lake Country foam pad. I finished it off by hand with the liquid like cleaner polish. I did it without removing the windshield and only did the front surface. Took about 45 minutes and it was well worth the effort.

I have two, black, 4 door vehicles. They have piano key black plastic strips between the front and rear windows. If you just look at them they scratch. About 60 seconds/strip with the Novus paste and the green pad and they looked brand new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts