Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting ready to buy a 09 750 brute force and want to upgrade the rims and tires to 14 SS212 blacks with 27 mudlite XTR tires. The dealer says I should consider a clutch kit but I have talked to other guys who have the brute and they say I dont need it??. Opinions please!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
u dont . i put 1 on mine because im in the mud alot . I run 14" rims and 28" tires in the mud for 1 and half years before the kit(had no probs). if u do decide to put one on, some kits lower ur top end speed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would go with 12" rims myself. The 14's look good but they are alot easier to hit off rocks and stuff. You shouldn't need a kit with only 27's but just a spring change can get you a little more power back

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nope you don't need a clutch kit.. I've run 28's on mine for three years without a clutch kit.. But It will help you get some of the bottom end back that you will loose going with bigger tires..Also keep in mind with the 14" rims you are VERY limited to the type of tires you can run.. There aren't very many tires out there to fit them..I would suggest going with the 12" wheels unless you are going really big like 30" Silverbacks or 32" outlaws.. Just my 2 cents.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts