Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Clutch knock/rattle just about idle.

18K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  shadowm77 
#1 ·
Only 8 hours on the Mule....but I immediately noticed this problem that others have had. Trying to decide if this is just a noise problem, or something that could development into bigger issues.

This thread discusses it.
http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/kawasaki-mule/149170-2016-pro-fx-transmission-knock.html

This briefer thread seems to describe the fix spot on.
http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/kawasaki-mule/152761-clutch-rattle-2016-mule-pro-fx-repaired.html

I'm wondering if my dealer has ever dealt with it and before I get into it with them, would like to know how others have handled.

For those dealing with this, how friendly, through has your dealer been with this?

#4 · (Edited)
How many hours do you have on yours, and what year.
Is it getting worse? Is it just 'noise' now without any performance lag etc?

On edit:...the noise I don't like, but if I knew it would never worsen, I can live with it. Not sure I'm up to the battles with the dealer or Kawasaki about it, since I feel it's one of 'those' types of issues.

#5 ·
I wonder if the Mule Pro clutch is similar to the Teryx primary clutch ?
If so, then vforcejohn @ Interstate Motorsports can help you. He is a vendor here on Kawieriders.

#12 ·
Took Mule in for the 20 hours service and talked to service manager about this clutch knock.

He was very familiar with the issue. Said Kawasaki needs to decide this should be a recall, and until then, nothing is going to be done.

SO....how do we put pressure on Kawasaki to do a recall on this problem?

#13 ·
Tell everyone and their mother to call Kawasaki and complain. The last recall issued was for the steel inner fender wells to be put in. The ONLY and I mean only reason they issued a recall was because they guy driving got hit in the leg with a good size stick that poked through the plastic and had basically a log jammed into his shin. They got a huge law suit on their hands and had to issue that recall

#15 ·
Unfortunately yes. They would need to be really really flooded with calls in order to make something happen. Or have multiple dealers call on for warranty work on the same issue. As long as the subject keeps getting brought up they will look into it. But if they only get one phone call about every month or so they will brush it under the rug. If it was me I'd stay on top of your dealer about the issue. Have them call Kawasaki over and over

#16 ·
Well...i've not go it a good handle on how serious it is. I hear it, and maybe 3 years down the road or 10 years down the road it could become serious. Just dunno. It appears from the way they talked this morning they definite put this in Kawasaki's potential problem.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#17 ·
I’m late to this topic.

i bought a new Mule SX in November 2018 and I’ve noticed that clutch rattle after but a few hours. I called the service department at the dealer, and he said it “wasn’t broken in yet.”

I now have 15 hours and it is still there. I’m taking it in for the first maintenance service and plan on complaining. I mentioned it when I made the appointment and they said no one else had ever complaine.

We‘lol see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.