Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First let me say that there is a wealth of information and i really appreciate all you guys have posted in the past. I tried searching this issue and haven't found any info thus far.

I have an 02 Prairie 650 and the secondary clutch is toast. I sourced a like new one for a BF 750 on ebay and i was ready to put it on but I was wondering if I should swap the purple spring off this new clutch and put the stocker off my 02 on it. I have stock sized tires right now. Also should I clean up this clutch and relube it? Same thing goes for the primary..... are there any lube requirements? I know you aren't supposed to get anything on the shaft when remounting the primary.

Thanks in advance,
Matt R

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
updated my signature

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Do not use regular lubricant..it will attract dirt and wear your clutch prematurely.

I think you can use a powder to lubricate it, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I would have to agree with not using a traditional lube since centrifugal force would probably fling it off as well

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is some grease in the secondary helix now.... what about the factory purple spring on the secondary?

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
There is some grease in the secondary helix now.... what about the factory purple spring on the secondary?
That's the ONLY place there should be any grease on the clutches.
Use the purple spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts