Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a list of my Clutch services. this is as of 5-14 2008

Stage 2 and 3 non spidermod Clutches. 295.00 Utility Kebc Bearing Removal is recomended.

Price includes 1-4 day turnaround, and 2 Day Return Shipping. I get the Clutch on Monday, You get the clutch back and can ride on the weekend

What is Done is Sheave Clearanced for the Overdrive. Stage 2 is 15% overdrive for lower 650 powered machines. Stage 3 is 20% more overdrive for 700 and UP powered machines.

Stage 2 is 87 Mph gearing. Stage 3 is 93 mph gearing.

Sheave angle is Changed to Ease the initial engagment Claping forces and to Increace Belt Grip by focusing the Belt Grip on the Mid-Upper portion of the belt. NO BELT BURNING OR GRINDING.

Faceplate is Modified, Clearanced, and Lightened to allow full Sheave Travel.

John

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Stage 2 or Stage 3 Spidermod. 295.00 Kebc bearing removal is recomended

Stock Modded Plate

Dalton Modded Plate

Spidermod Clutches are Identified By the recessed Faceplate and the Exposed Fixed Sheave thru the front cover. They are available for Both Stage 2 sheaves and Stage 3 Sheaves.

What is a Spidermod?? What does it do?? What the Spidermod Does is Give the Clutch the ability to run Lighter weights and have them function as heavier weights. The Spidermod changes the Fulcrum point as to where the weight contacts the roller VS Sheave position. Meaning, the Sheave moves Less, moves faster, and gives more belt travel. Spidermod also DECREACES belt-sheave gap to Less than stock Specs.

This gives the Atv more Lowend and is a Dragrace Oriented, Sled Pulling, and Stock Class Gncc Modification. this Clutch is smoother and lighter than the normal Stock Spider clutch machining.

Fuel economy is Increaced by 15-20%

here you can see a Stage 3 VS a Stage 3 Spidermod Clutch Sheave for comparison

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIGHTENED SECONDARY. price is 275.00 1-4 day turnaround and 2 day return shipping.

this Modification removes 9 ounces of unused rotational mass from the secondary clutch. Recomended for Dragracers or Serious Trail Riders. NOT recomended for Ute's running larger than 26 inch tires.

Lighter rotating mass = Less power consumed from the drivetrain.

John

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Teryx Clutch Modification. Price is 350.00 KEBC bearing Removal is Recomended.

The Teryx Modification is different from the V and Ute Modifications as the Teryx Clutches are thicker and vastly different from the ATV clutches we have come to know. The Clutch is modified More than a Stage 3 Clutch. the Teryx needs ALL the overdrive gearing we can throw at it.

They work, 84 MPH gearing, 42-45 low range gearing, Higher top speeds, Far greater low end, and far better belt grip.

This is 100% different approach compared to any bolt on clutch components on the market.

VFORCEJOHN CUSTOM SPRINGS AND ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE AS OF 4/20/2010

Comparison Pic of Teryx VS Bruteforce Clutch. They are NOT atv clutches, but very similar.

Dalton Teryx clutch VS Stage III Teryx clutch with dalton cover, weights and spring
Yes, the Dalton components can be enhanced for even better top speed and performance.

Dalton clutch VS Stage III Teryx clutch. Less sheave-belt gap = better initial belt grip, more travel = higher top speeds, more overdrive, lighter clutch assembly, and even more fuel economy.

Teryx Full race clutches loaded with Dalton faceplate, spring, and adjustable weights.

What I do is Clearance the Sheaves, Modify the Sheave angle, Modify the Spider, Modify the faceplate and remove the KEBC.

Modded Stock Teryx Clutch

Teryx Sheave modification

9.4 pounds after the modification. Removes OVER 1 pound

John

Would I be better off sending you a Dalton cover or the stocker? [/b]

Whether you choose to have the Dalton or Stock cover modified is Strictly up to you.

Both the Stock and Dalton Covers have to be machined for all modifications. There is NO benefit to the modded Dalton cover other than it's Striking Looks and Billet Toughness.

John

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all secondaries were done the same post up a pic of it.

these are the only 2 other pics I have here.

but I do them all the same. didn't change them

stage 4? and my milled secondary looks different... I guess you stopped taking so much off of them? [/b]

I need a pic of the Stage 4.

I don't have any here. I think you have the OLD stage 4 with the fins on it

this might even be your clutch or 1stquads old one. I don't do them thisway anymore

john

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
how much to go from a stage 3 to a stage 4? you did the three for me awhile back and now i am thinking of draggin only so i might wanna go with the stage 4. will it make enough difference to justify the $$?

also if i decide to get the 4 i will send you the 2ndry too for lightening

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
very good job on this topic john. :)
I `ll be goin for the spidermod on both of my clutches.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
How bout some clutch work ;)

I never machined and removed the holes as far as I can remember.

don't forget to get back to me with what we discussed the other day :)

John
[/b]

yeah.. free beer on John.... :lol:

And I am doing the cams in the morning. I will get back to you after I get them swapped out.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep, you were right.

Damned if I could remember what I even did.

How long ago did I even do that?? I remember cutting your clutches but I can't remember how long ago.

looks to be holding up well. deflection looks good too!!

John

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
hell if I know, I looked all over my pics from 06... and couldn't find it.... oh well.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
is it expensive to have clutch work done?
[/b]
The prices are listed with the info at the begenning of the post.

Here's a list of my Clutch services. Due to the Postal Increace on 5-12-08 I have no choice to slightly raise the price.

Stage 2 and 3 Clutches. $185.00
Utility Kebc Bearing Removal is $15.00 Extra

Price includes SAME DAY MACHINING, and 2 Day Return Shipping. I get the Clutch on Monday, You get the clutch back and can ride on Wednesday.

What is Done is Sheave Clearanced for the Overdrive. Stage 2 is 15% overdrive for lower 650 powered machines. Stage 3 is 20% more overdrive for 700 and UP powered machines.

Stage 2 is 87 Mph gearing. Stage 3 is 93 mph gearing.

Sheave angle is Changed to Ease the initial engagment Claping forces and to Increace Belt Grip by focusing the Belt Grip on the Mid-Upper portion of the belt. NO BELT BURNING OR GRINDING.

Faceplate is Modified, Clearanced, and Lightened to allow full Sheave Travel.

John
[/b]
Stage 2 or Stage 3 Spidermod. $280.00 Kebc bearing removal is $15.00 extra

Stock Modded Plate

Dalton Modded Plate

Spidermod Clutches are Identified By the recessed Faceplate and the Exposed Fixed Sheave thru the front cover. They are available for Both Stage 2 sheaves and Stage 3 Sheaves.

What is a Spidermod?? What does it do?? What the Spidermod Does is Give the Clutch the ability to run Lighter weights and have them function as heavier weights. The Spidermod changes the Fulcrum point as to where the weight contacts the roller VS Sheave position. Meaning, the Sheave moves Less, moves faster, and gives more belt travel. Spidermod also DECREACES belt-sheave gap to Less than stock Specs.

This gives the Atv more Lowend and is a Dragrace Oriented, Sled Pulling, and Stock Class Gncc Modification. this Clutch is smoother and lighter than the normal Stock Spider clutch machining.

Fuel economy is Increaced by 15-20%

here you can see a Stage 3 VS a Stage 3 Spidermod Clutch Sheave for comparison

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIGHTENED SECONDARY. price is $175.00 same day service and 2 day return shipping.

this Modification removes 9 ounces of unused rotational mass from the secondary clutch. Recomended for Dragracers or Serious Trail Riders. NOT recomended for Ute's running larger than 26 inch tires.

Lighter rotating mass = Less power consumed from the drivetrain.

John
[/b]

·
Registered
146 Posts
VFJ,

I am new to this whole modding thing. Usually just drive stock. What I am wanting to do to my quad, so whcih clutch setup would you recommend. I am only going to do the airbox 12 hole mod, K&N w/outwears, Pink Spring, 24" paddle tires, Flexx Bars and Rox Riser, and Exhaust. I ride sand, open fields, and sometimes trails.

Thanks in advance.

just switch that secondary out and you should be able to edge out that renegade at the drags

You're not too bad for a bolt on Twinpeaks!! ;)

John
[/b]

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well you don't want the pink spring running 24's. you want an Orange/Blue

Stage 3 clutch will give you that little extra you would be looking for. Dalton Or/Blue stock weights. that's it

John

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
yes i will switch out the spring on Saturday. Wanted to get back to work on the bikes tonight but got a phone call and sold my loader and trailer. now only a dump truck left to sell then find a steady job. lol

I might have to come up for another tune before july 7 races, Seriously thinks about spraying it for the races. Still trying to learn all the in and outs.

·
Registered
146 Posts
VFJ,

will the Dalton Or/Blue give me the torque I need for the 24"s? I thought that the pink would give me more torque to spin those 24's. also, not to be ignorant, but what does Utility Kebc Bearing Removal do?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KEBC is the KAWASAKI ENGINE BRAKE CONTROL. the Vforce DOES NOT have this. I remove the KEBC bearing from the UTE clutches and they become like the Vforce clutch.

you don't clutch for Torque. the Pink is too soft. that's a good choice for 20's on a Trail. but not 24's in the sand

in the sand you want to overrev a little to keep the paddles turning.

you might even want to try thre Comet black but then you'll have to weight the tips of the clutch weights with a 4mm bolt

John

·
Registered
490 Posts
John..

Do you have Dalton springs on hand? Just wondering if I send my clutch in if you would have an Orange/blue to stick in it...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
21 Replies
16 Participants
jcarp4483
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing