Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gents. I'm new to the Kawi world. Have a 08 & 09 750 BF. I heard that if you burn the belt to bad it will go into safe mode & old allow you to drive around that 10km/hour to limp it out. I was curious to see if there was any truth to this? If so how can you reset it.

Sorry if this is a crazy question or my facts aren't accurate.

Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
it could............

Its possible, but what it takes to trigger the mode is the belt being too loose or damaged. There is a switch at the top of the converter cover just above the belt that gets flipped to the off position. When this happens your belt light will flash , it won't shift into 4x4, and the engine rpms are limited. The mode also is triggered at 100 hours for the belt to be inspected. There is plenty info on the site here for resetting the belt light. But the belt should always be checked to see if it needs service anytime the mode is triggered.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its possible, but what it takes to trigger the mode is the belt being too loose or damaged. There is a switch at the top of the converter cover just above the belt that gets flipped to the off position. When this happens your belt light will flash , it won't shift into 4x4, and the engine rpms are limited. The mode also is triggered at 100 hours for the belt to be inspected. There is plenty info on the site here for resetting the belt light. But the belt should always be checked to see if it needs service anytime the mode is triggered.
Thanks a ton Camo Joe. I know it sounds ridiculious but I was even a little unsure in how to ask this question. You answered my question to at least get me started to conduct a search. I completed the search and framiliarized my self with the procedures and plugs. Showed my kids just in case it happened to them out in the bush.

Thanks again
Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts