Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question on clutch spring sizes? I have a 2010 brute 750, with 27" xtr's. What would be a good spring size to match?

·
Registered
499 Posts
question on clutch spring sizes? I have a 2010 brute 750, with 27" xtr's. What would be a good spring size to match?
also depends on what kind of riding do you do? Alot of deep heavy mud/snow etc????

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the same bike and set up as you. I run the maroon/almond. I ride mostly trails but wont shy away from mud. I also plow with my bike

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mostly trail ride, but I do take the odd mud hole. I just dont want to burn my belt off, How bad is the install?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I ll do i bit more research on the install. Did you find that stock springs held up to 27's.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My son n law's bike is an 09 and he's had 30" backs on it since day one with stock springs. I just convinced him to upgrade his springs last night. You can run your stock springs with the 27's. However, if you ride in the mud a lot, a stronger set will give you better low end grunt, and help from slipping the belt when you are buried in the muck.
The primary install is no problem. You don't even have to pull it off to change the spring. Remember the primary bolt is left hand thread, so don't overtighten it trying to take it off. Look for a couple of arrows on the primary, they will need to be lined back up when you've changed the springs. Just take off the 8 bolts that hold the spider on and you can pull it off to get the spring from behind it. Torque the primary bolt back to 69 ft-lbs. ( make sure your torque wrench works both directions, cause some don't!!).
the secondary spring change will require a compressor. You can make one for cheap, or buy one. there are threads on making one, that's what I did. Once you have the compressor, the spring change isn't too bad either. You'll need a good set of snap ring pliers too. The secondary has a big snap ring holding it together.
It's not rocket science, if you're handy with tools, you won't have any trouble.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ask Vforcejohn about your clutching questions. Knows what he is talking about and will not steer you wrong.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow guys thanks for all the help. new to this site, and the responses have been very cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts