Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an EPI Almond spring in my green V and an EPI Pink spring in my orange V. The Almond should have more stall but that is not the case. When I move them around the driveway it seems like the orange V with the pink spring has a fair amount more stall than the green one with the almond spring. It is most noticeable when I use reverse. Other than that, I never really notice anything weird when running the orange one. Could their be something worn or dirty in clutch assembly on the orange one giving it the stall?

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I don't totally understand what you are saying about moving them around on the driveway.. Sounds like you are pushing them around?

But yes, the weights can hang up and cause you to have a higher stall. That happened to me alrdy, but it was VERY noticeable. It would Rev high, then the clutch would slam and engage.. It was a Kick A$$ drag clutch :) We're talking reving up to 8-9k rpm, then instant engagement.. Made trailriding near suicide though..

Maybe the weights are just starting to hang up?? Check those first would be my guess.
But that is the only thing I know of that will create more stall..

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
worn clutch parts like bushings has a major effect on clutch movement as then iit loads the buttons on the stands and gouges and binds big time.
cocked weights at low rpm also has effect because of needed bushings as rpms comes up it has less effect but very noticable on stall..JH

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't totally understand what you are saying about moving them around on the driveway.. Sounds like you are pushing them around?

But yes, the weights can hang up and cause you to have a higher stall. That happened to me alrdy, but it was VERY noticeable. It would Rev high, then the clutch would slam and engage.. It was a Kick A$$ drag clutch :) We're talking reving up to 8-9k rpm, then instant engagement.. Made trailriding near suicide though..

Maybe the weights are just starting to hang up?? Check those first would be my guess.
But that is the only thing I know of that will create more stall..
No, I am not pushing them around. I meant that when I am on asphalt, so that the tires have no slipping at all, it is the most noticeable. It just seems that my orange V with the EPI pink spring has to rev a little higher than my green V with the EPI almond spring to get the clutch to engage. That shouldn't be the case.

Maybe the clutch out of my orange V should be the one I send to VFJ in the spring to get the Stage 3 mod done and then use it on my green V. He could check everything over for me. I like the JH roller clutch idea but it is a bit out of my price range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts